Just go trade for Jay Bruce or Markakis

oriolesacox

Tony, What are your thought on Either if you can get him for a couple of middling prospects and 5 million per from the Dodgers? I think hes the best option of the guys rumored to be available.

I think you need more than the $15 million from the Dodgers top take Eithier. I'd be ok with bringing him in, but he's similiar to Markakis though with a little more power and a little better defense. Not sure whether the Dodgers want to move him that bad or not, but if we could get him down to $10 million a seaosn and we're giving up C level prospects then I'd be interested.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah ....I would think if Kim or Rickard can handle the bat I'd have them in the lead off hole. It would be nice if they could hit at 1 & 2 and OPS .330-.350. Manny hitting third is whats best for the Orioles and not wasting the majority of his homers being 1 run jacks. Plus it keeps Davis at 4th and drops Adam to 5th and that is good since he goes through periods where he cant avoid swinging at the low and away pitches.

I don't want Kim or Rickard batting 2nd if they don't have enough power. Kim however has the size to project power, just not the power stats relative to other KBO hitters.

Call it a difference of philosophy but in today's baseball, the #2 hitter should be right there with #3 as your best all-around hitters. I want Machado batting 2nd for now, with the possibility of Kim later. leadoff-Kim-Machado-Davis-Jones.

I think you need more than the $15 million from the Dodgers top take Eithier. I'd be ok with bringing him in, but he's similiar to Markakis though with a little more power and a little better defense. Not sure whether the Dodgers want to move him that bad or not, but if we could get him down to $10 million a seaosn and we're giving up C level prospects then I'd be interested.

I'd say a lot more power than Markakis, at least the modern version of him. Ethier outslugged him by 110 points last year. Ethier plays in Dodger Stadium and I think he easily hits 20 HR playing half his games in Camden.

Right now, you'd have to think Manny is the leadoff hitter unless Rickard or Kim can show they will/could be strong OBP options in ST.

I don't hate the idea of Manny leading off again. I like starting the game off with the best hitter on the team. You could then bump Kim and/or Rickard down to the bottom of the order to serve as a lead-off option for Manny the second, third and fourth time through the order.

If Kim is as advertised in terms of OBP, you will see: Kim, Machado, Jones, Davis...

If Kim struggles in Spring Training (and Rickard doesn't nab a starting spot), you will see: Machado number one. The question is who hits behind him?

Not saying we shouldn't keep Nick in mind for an OPTION. Let's play some spring training games first and see if Rickard or Reimold or anyone we have can handle the job firs ft, before we resort to trades.

Nick is under contract for 3 more years, and the Orioles didn't want to go that long with him.

Right now, you'd have to think Manny is the leadoff hitter unless Rickard or Kim can show they will/could be strong OBP options in ST.

I don't hate the idea of Manny leading off again. I like starting the game off with the best hitter on the team. You could then bump Kim and/or Rickard down to the bottom of the order to serve as a lead-off option for Manny the second, third and fourth time through the order.

If Kim is as advertised in terms of OBP, you will see: Kim, Machado, Jones, Davis...

If Kim struggles in Spring Training (and Rickard doesn't nab a starting spot), you will see: Machado number one. The question is who hits behind him?

The problem with Manny leading off is you have your best all around hitter having about 25% of his PA with no one on base. That is obviously going to cost us in the long run.

The problem with Manny leading off is you have your best all around hitter having about 25% of his PA with no one on base. That is obviously going to cost us in the long run.

Try 20% and then subtract from all the double plays he won't get into. Plus who have an extra 50 to 70 At-bats

Yeah ....I would think if Kim or Rickard can handle the bat I'd have them in the lead off hole. It would be nice if they could hit at 1 & 2 and OPS .330-.350. Manny hitting third is whats best for the Orioles and not wasting the majority of his homers being 1 run jacks. Plus it keeps Davis at 4th and drops Adam to 5th and that is good since he goes through periods where he cant avoid swinging at the low and away pitches.

Neither guy has a major league at bat. If even one of them winds up being a good everyday player, it's a blessing.

This is the same Joey Rickard that the Rays didn't even want to add to their 40 man.

The same Joey Rickard that has 89 at bats above AA ball. The same Joey Rickard that has absolutely no pop whatsoever. A below average ISO (.114) even in the minors.

I hope the guy does well, too, but the level of Kool-Aid being consumed around the OH right now is out of control.

The same Joey Rickard that has 89 at bats above AA ball. The same Joey Rickard that has absolutely no pop whatsoever. A below average ISO (.114) even in the minors.

I hope the guy does well, too, but the level of Kool-Aid being consumed around the OH right now is out of control.

It's because he has a cool name.

Archived