Rickard?

WarehouseChatter

I think Rickard is playing his way into a chance to be the O's left fielder if he continues to hit well. His range helps make up for some of Trumbo's lack of range.

I have read several positive comments about Kim's two hits yesterday but I don't see it. Both hits were infield hits that if hit against good major league fielders would not have been outs IMO. Kim has a long way to go to win the O's left field job IMO.

Trumbo looks better than I expected. He catches what he gets to. But its not hard to see his lack of range.

That's true. But one of his outs, was probably a legit hit if it was the regular season and Buck challenged the play at 2B. Kim hasn't looked great by any stretch of the imagination, but at least he makes contact most of the time. He doesn't look completely overmatched to me, just not comfortable yet.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's true. But one of his outs, was probably a legit hit if it was the regular season and Buck challenged the play at 2B. Kim hasn't looked great by any stretch of the imagination, but at least he makes contact most of the time. He doesn't look completely overmatched to me, just not comfortable yet.

The one that Davis beat the throw to 2nd?

I think Rickard is playing his way into a chance to be the O's left fielder if he continues to hit well. His range helps make up for some of Trumbo's lack of range.

I have read several positive comments about Kim's two hits yesterday but I don't see it. Both hits were infield hits that if hit against good major league fielders would not have been outs IMO. Kim has a long way to go to win the O's left field job IMO.

Trumbo looks better than I expected. He catches what he gets to. But its not hard to see his lack of range.

The second hit, with the modified shift on, was dropping in against good major league fielders.

I think literally all of Kim's hits have been infield hits or hits that an infielder got a glove on before they reached the OF. I agree he doesn't look completely overmatched, but I also need to see him start hitting the ball with authority at least once in a while. Right now I can't tell if he's any better than, say, Henry Urrutia.

I think literally all of Kim's hits have been infield hits or hits that an infielder got a glove on before they reached the OF. I agree he doesn't look completely overmatched, but I also need to see him start hitting the ball with authority at least once in a while. Right now I can't tell if he's any better than, say, Henry Urrutia.

Yeah but then again reportedly some of his outs have been squared up. If he can put the ball in play as he has been, BABIP should normalize. The Urrutia comparison may be legit in terms of power but I am hopeful that he will draw walks, which Urrutia does not.

Yep. Time will tell. I have faith that Buck will give him enough time to either sink or swim.

I will just go on the record right now and say that Joey Rickard is a keeper. I love his athleticism, defense, and his approach at the plate is perfect. I would give Kim a long leash to prove himself, but I also would be very comfortable adding Rickard and his defense to the lineup if Kim falters.

I will just go on the record right now and say that Joey Rickard is a keeper. I love his athleticism, defense, and his approach at the plate is perfect. I would give Kim a long leash to prove himself, but I also would be very comfortable adding Rickard and his defense to the lineup if Kim falters.

I think Rickard will play RF if we lose Trumbo next year or if his defense is garbage

Sent from Neverneverland using James Hetfield's voice

I think Rickard will play RF if we lose Trumbo next year or if his defense is garbage

Sent from Neverneverland using James Hetfield's voice

Got to get through this season first, and let's see what we have with him.

Some posters are setting themselves up for a fall, but expecting him to be the next AJ, and if he happens to be closer to David Lough, they will be unhappy.

For myself, I expect him to be like David Lough, which is a serviceable utility OF, and anything above that is gravy.

Some posters are setting themselves up for a fall, but expecting him to be the next AJ, and if he happens to be closer to David Lough, they will be unhappy.

For myself, I expect him to be like David Lough, which is a serviceable utility OF, and anything above that is gravy.

I did not say anything about him being the next AJ. He very obviously has a completely different skill set. Much less power, much better plate discipline just to name a couple. All I am saying is that I think the guys skill set fits very well into what this team needs, and that I think he will be a very nice addition to this team.

I did not say anything about him being the next AJ. He very obviously has a completely different skill set. Much less power, much better plate discipline just to name a couple. All I am saying is that I think the guys skill set fits very well into what this team needs, and that I think he will be a very nice addition to this team.

Go back and read all the posts on this guy since he got picked up by the team.

'Some' People are already taking about his being a starting COF, even as early as OD.

Some expectations are set a bit on the high side.

I like his approach at the plate better than Lough's. Lough's slash lines for us were .247/.309/.385 in 2014 and .201/.241/.313 in 2015. 2014 was borderline acceptable, but 2015 was not.

I like his approach at the plate better than Lough's. Lough's slash lines for us were .247/.309/.385 in 2014 and .201/.241/.313 in 2015. 2014 was borderline acceptable, but 2015 was not.

I am agreeing again. I just wish he batted left-handed. They might have him switch hit next year if they keep him.

Archived