Who Is A Better Fit For Orioles: Jay Bruce, Austin Jackson Or Pedro Alvarez

PressBoxOnline

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Trumbo in RF v RHP is .730 OPS. Alvarez at DH. Trumbo at DH v LHP is a monster. Reimold/D Alvarez in RF. I like it.

Yea sounds like a plan. It seems like the best way to make some lemonade outta lemons

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

And you could argue speed ...Last two years Jackson SB 37 / CS 16 = 57% (do you really want him stealing with that rate?)/ Alvarez 10/3 (doesnt go often and is slow but you gotta like the 70%) and at very least he's not making outs on the bases.

37 steals in 53 attempts is actually just about a 70% success rate but that's still just about break even.

37 steals in 53 attempts is actually just about a 70% success rate but that's still just about break even.

In 2015 he was Stole 17 and was caught 10 times, he was out 58% of the time. As was said by another poster he is only going to get slower. I used two years stats for the exercise so someone didn't complain about it just being a bad year in 2015.

Fowler for example was 31 SB and caught 11 times or caught only 29%.

In 2015 he was 20 SB and caught 7 times or caught 35%.

In 2015 he was Stole 17 and was caught 10 times, he was out 58% of the time. As was said by another poster he is only going to get slower. I used two years stats for the exercise so someone didn't complain about it just being a bad year in 2015.

If you are a 70% base stealer, you should stay put.

20/27 = 74%, he was 26% of the time.

• 1 month later...

creepy-crawly.gif

Checkin' in on Jay Bruce:

Bruce powers Reds to sweep over Phils

CINCINNATI (AP) Jay Bruce and Ken Griffey Jr. are even - at least in one category.

Bruce homered twice and matched a career high with five RBIs, and the Cincinnati Reds made a winner of top pitching prospect Robert Stephenson in his major league debut by beating the Philadelphia Phillies 10-6 on Thursday to complete a season-opening sweep.

With his two home runs, Bruce increased his career total to 210, tying Griffey for seventh place on the franchise list. Of course, the Hall of Fame outfielder also hit 417 for the Seattle Mariners and three more with the Chicago White Sox.

''It is an honor to be mentioned in the same sentence as Ken,'' Bruce said. ''I saw how he changed the game. He's a friend of mine. I'm not worthy.''

Archived