Rob Manfred: Fours work better than Fives for scheduling

weams

We were second to DC when the Expos were moving because the proposal was good. Tear down Harbor Park and put a brewery next to the ballpark. DC just made more sense. Richmond is out because everyone there is a DC fan except for VCU and because of broadcast territory.

You do know I lived there for four years right?

Went to Tides games when they were a Mets affiliate.

There was never any buzz about that team. They did do nice military nights, a Marine I knew got invited on the field, she had a blast.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You do know I lived there for four years right?

Went to Tides games when they were a Mets affiliate.

There was never any buzz about that team. They did do nice military nights, a Marine I knew got invited on the field, she had a blast.

Really? Former military I presume? Was it at Mets park or Harbor Park? You're right, no one really cares about the Tides here except for O's fans, who aren't in abundance. That and Norfolk has gone down the toilet, and VA beach has devolved into Ocean City with jets and the military, and Chesapeake is just housing.

Really? Former military I presume? Was it at Mets park or Harbor Park? You're right, no one really cares about the Tides here except for O's fans, who aren't in abundance. That and Norfolk has gone down the toilet, and VA beach has devolved into Ocean City with jets and the military, and Chesapeake is just housing.

Yes, was stationed at a joint command.

Everyone tells me that. Uncle was stationed out in Southern Germany in the airforce in the early 80's. Is Beer at McDonalds a real thing, and it is weird seeing budweiser as an import?

I never ate at a German McDonalds. We mostly ate Doner Kebabs. If we went out it was to a Greek place down the road or a Thai place the next town over.

Only time I ate American fast food (except pizza hut once) was on base.

I would suggest that western city is the most likely site. Either Vegas, Salt Lake City or Portland. All have the advantage of getting into one of these major cities before the NFL does.

Vegas and Salt Lake would probably be required to have a dome or play only night games.

I never ate at a German McDonalds. We mostly ate Doner Kebabs. If we went out it was to a Greek place down the road or a Thai place the next town over.

Only time I ate American fast food (except pizza hut once) was on base.

That's cool. Beer is better over there, I assume. I always thought it was funny when the ship hit port, most of the GI's would go looking for American food instead of trying to find what was different.

Sent from Neverneverland using James Hetfield's voice

That's cool. Beer is better over there, I assume. I always thought it was funny when the ship hit port, most of the GI's would go looking for American food instead of trying to find what was different.

Sent from Neverneverland using James Hetfield's voice

Not much of a beer drinker. Did have the best mead of my life over there.

I would suggest that western city is the most likely site. Either Vegas, Salt Lake City or Portland. All have the advantage of getting into one of these major cities before the NFL does.

Vegas and Salt Lake would probably be required to have a dome or play only night games.

Vegas would be inside definitely, but I don't know the geography of Salt Lake City as well. Places like Nashville and Charlotte will make sense in a bit, but soon enough MLB will expand. Hopefully to somewhere smart.

I've never had mead before, but I've heard wonders about it. Come from a family of beer drinkers, thats why I've heard wonders about Germany and England as the promised land for beer

I did try some good beer while I was there. It is just not my drink. Drank a lot of hard stuff when I was over there actually.

Oddly enough we could only get this on base.

20143c1b8744a5c9084b9206e834a838b363.jpg

Actually we had to drive a couple hours to get some. We picked up a couple for someone coming back from deployment in Saudi Arabia.

I did try some good beer while I was there. It is just not my drink. Drank a lot of hard stuff when I was over there actually.

Actually we had to drive a couple hours to get some. We picked up a couple for someone coming back from deployment in Saudi Arabia.

How was the desert? My cousin got stationed in Dubai and said the weather was brutal, but the people were nice.

Speaking of which, you know that ever clear is banned in Maryland? EverclearHiRes.jpg

Archived