The Spring Training Overreaction Thread

Camden_yardbird

I don't see how anyone could have seen this bad of a train wreck coming. Sure, we all knew the O's were likely to have below average starting pitching. But this spring has been beyond abysmal.

Some of us certainly saw enough that we didn't think bringing back the core of a .500 team was a good idea.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You do know the real games haven't started yet?

Yes, but I expect the players (including pitchers) to be rounding into form by about now, and I'm not seeing happen, and it has me very worried. Two weeks ago I didn't care -- now I do. It's not like Tillman and Gonzalez were stellar last season. I keep waiting for a sign that they'll be better this year, and so far, I've seen nothing of the sort.

Yes, but I expect the players (including pitchers) to be rounding into form by about now, and I'm not seeing happen, and it has me very worried. Two weeks ago I didn't care -- now I do. It's not like Tillman and Gonzalez were stellar last season. I keep waiting for a sign that they'll be better this year, and so far, I've seen nothing of the sort.

Yep, spot on. But don't worry people using "it's only ST" will disappear soon.

Going into today's game, the Orioles had a team ERA of 6.30.

That sounds bad on the surface. But the 1930 Phillies played in a bandbox and had a team ERA of 6.71 for the season.

So take comfort, fans--the O's pitching is not on pace to be the worst in major league history.

Yeah but the 1930 Phillies went 52-102. :eek:

Don't worry, when Kim goes 1-for-6 or Tillman allows three earned in five they'll be replaced by a different but not mutually exclusive set of people who see great truths in microscopic samples.

Hey, this isn't the Spring Training Carefully Measured Reaction Thread.

Archived