Players need housing

weams

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Interested in being a host family for a Keys player this season? If yes, please contact Amanda or Jim Addington. <a href="https://t.co/m6r7dfxxsT">pic.twitter.com/m6r7dfxxsT</a></p>— Frederick Keys (@FrederickKeys) <a href="

">March 10, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1. I think it's kind of cool that the community still gets involved in supporting their baseball team.

2. Yep, this is an $8B industry that pays some of its employees $30M a year, and others so little they have to beg nice folks in the community for places to stay.

2a. I'm sure if someone made a rule that the teams had to provide housing for players it would be Quonset huts with rows of bunks and footlockers straight out of every WWII boot camp movie.

3. Didn't Billy Rowell live in his car for a while?

4. Did Crash Davis live with what's-her-name? Does this happen to the Frederick Keys?

2a. I'm sure if someone made a rule that the teams had to provide housing for players it would be Quonset huts with rows of bunks and footlockers straight out of every WWII boot camp movie.

4. Did Crash Davis live with what's-her-name? Does this happen to the Frederick Keys?

2a Yes. Microtel with four to a room.

3. Truck. The one he bought with his signing bonus. He also used the facilities tat the stadium. Field.

4. No doubt. No Doubt.

1. I think it's kind of cool that the community still gets involved in supporting their baseball team.

2. Yep, this is an $8B industry that pays some of its employees $30M a year, and others so little they have to beg nice folks in the community for places to stay.

He still might be.

I have no sympathy for someone who was a first round pick and can't manage his funds well enough to keep an immobile roof over his head.

He still might be. I have no sympathy for someone who was a first round pick and can't manage his funds well enough to keep an immobile roof over his head.
I believe families in Bowie also provide sponsor housing too. It would surprise if they did it for Shorebirds too.

He still might be. I have no sympathy for someone who was a first round pick and can't manage his funds well enough to keep an immobile roof over his head.
True, But, the ones in Frederick and Bowie, needing this type of support, aren't the big dollar signing baby, and they do get a whopping $25 a day per diem to cover their food, while on the road. :)

Archived