Boras contracts/extensions

CP0861

I know...shouldn't have mentioned Boras in the subject. I just thought it was interesting to hear a player say "I need to be in the loop." That's rare, and with Machado's extension potentially looming in the very near future (unless you think they wait until the last year, which I don't see as an option), I think it will be interesting to hear how Machado approaches everything....as the potential face of the franchise for the next decade or so.

NP, got it. Traditionally, guys other than Boras clients can be extended with large contracts. And ones that have Boras cannot. Even when the players state that they are in charge. They hire Scott to not extend. They hire him to get the most money.

He might be outspoken, but in this scenario, I think he's just being honest instead of presenting that front.

I guess to me, it's so unbelievable when they play dumb that it completely discredits them....to me, anyway. Makes me think they are coached puppets.

I think Jake is using the media to negotiate,. Because if the season starts, he is going to free agency. Unless he gets hurt. Which I believe he worries about.

Archived