Paul Folkemer: Orioles Players Primed For Breakout Or Disappointing Seasons

PressBoxOnline

I know I'm biased due to his longstanding affiliation with the Hangout, but in my opinion, Paul is the most insightful writer on PressBoxOnline when it comes to the Orioles.

Paul is one of the more beautiful writers that I have read.

I'm going with Schoop and Givens as breakout.

Chris Davis and Trumbo as disappointments although I agree on MGon and Gallardo as well.

I think Trumbo will do well. He's looked good this spring when I've seen him. I have no idea what Davis will do, but my midpoint for him is probably .850 OPS with 40ish homers. He has not looked good this spring, but he's a streaky guy and 48 spring PA tell me pretty much nothing about how his season will go.

Good stuff as always from Paul. My biggest concern with Gallardo are the reports that's he's throwing 85-89 rather than 90-92. Sink or not, a right-hander is not going to get away with that lack of velocity in the MLB.

What about Weaver with the Angels, he doesn't hit 85 on a good day anymore. :)

Good stuff as always from Paul. My biggest concern with Gallardo are the reports that's he's throwing 85-89 rather than 90-92. Sink or not, a right-hander is not going to get away with that lack of velocity in the MLB.

I can't speak to that, but his location was horrific in that game with the Red Sox, which I watched last night on replay. Almost every hit came on a belt-high pitch.

Archived