2016 Orioles Wins Poll

Frobby

How many games will the Orioles win in 2016?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. How many games will the Orioles win in 2016?

70-92

I like what the other team in the AL East did

I don't like the O's starting rotation

I don't like beginning the season with a 23 man roster, Kim can't play a position and can't hit

Wieter's is a catcher who can't throw, frames poorly and hits just a little.

Trumbo will give up more runs in RF than he will accumulate hitting

too many guys who can't put on a glove

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am usually optimistic, last year I said 96 wins. I chose 77-80 this year. Too many K's in the lineup. Too many runners left in scoring position, when a single or sac fly will do and guys wiffing. Tillman as opening day pitcher, a guy that was largely a disappointment last year and had a mediocre (at best) ST? I am hopefully wrong but I see Gausman(shoulder) and Tillman as huge question marks and the team lacks step up players to help out. I see Gallardo and Jimenez as suitable with a bit of potential upside. I also see a BP with their arms dragging by August.

I picked 81-84 but this is a high variance team. Not too unlike 1996. They'll probably have to club their way to some wins. If they're still in it by the summer maybe they pick up some pitching. Or just call up Rocky Coppinger.

Edit: Who made this a private poll?

It's not private for me.

You can see the names?

Not that it's big deal, before reading the thread we all pretty much knew how this was going to go and mostly who was voting where. It would have taken me one guess on the <73 option.

it finally showed the names for me:

This poll will close on 04-04-2016 at 05:42 PM

You can see the names?

Not that it's big deal, before reading the thread we all pretty much knew how this was going to go and mostly who was voting where. It would have taken me one guess on the <73 option.

Yeah, its weird that you guys cant.

vL12mpl.jpg

The poll is closed now, and it looks like the median point is right at 85 wins. I'm slightly more pessimistic, and said 81-84, but I still think we could do better than that. I have to give webbrick2010 credit, he's been ragging on the team all winter and backed it up by being the only poster to say the Orioles will win fewer than 73 games.

Archived