Great win with so many positives; Day After reflections

Filmstudy

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, hit a guy with the slider. Then tried a few more sliders and none of them were working. We should remember he's a work in progress. Nasty fastball though... 96.

Oh his 1st inning was NASTY stuff. :thumbsup1: totally guessing, but the cold may have got to him because he looked like a different guy when he came back out.

It looked like Givens was just trying to blow his fast ball by the Twins. Hopefully, he'll master the location part of his fast ball in the future. Not worried.

I thought he had some pretty good movement on it as well, and it seemed like he was hitting his spots. Like Dan-O said, he just didn't have a feel for his slider so they could sit fastball. He looked really good in his first inning.

How about:

Givens: 96

Brach: 95

Britton: 96

All with sick movement, too.

Yup. Good point. Seeing Brach pitch well was really nice to see. If he can be what he was last year... Man, this will be a fun bullpen to watch.

I agree there - I did see that and he fouled off some tough pitches before the final strike - Santana was dealing there.

I missed Givens - whah hoppen? :scratchchinhmm: In a nutshell

The double was a single where Escobar (?) successfully challenged Trumbo's arm. Then the second run scored on a foul ball sacrifice that arguably should have been left go by Rickard (this is debatable, I know).

Givens didn't get rocked or anything, he was just a little bit up.

I missed the sac fly to tie the game. Thoughts? Was Mychal running out of gas before his exit?

To summarize:

--Rickard ran a long way to reach the ball hit by Suzuki into the first row of the stands for the ball in foul territory.

--The runner on 3rd scored easily, but the runner on 2nd held.

--The ball was clearly touched by a fan before Rickard caught it.

--Neither team challenged the outcome, but I liked the exchange of an out for a run in that situation

--Brach then retired Buxton to strand the runner at 2nd and preserve the tie.

Great game yesterday. Felt like I was watching a playoff game.

I loved how well people were working the count. Rickard seemed to have a lot of poise up there, and weiters saw a ton of pitches in those at bats.

This lineup is going to be one of, if not the, best in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The double was a single where Escobar (?) successfully challenged Trumbo's arm. Then the second run scored on a foul ball sacrifice that arguably should have been left go by Rickard (this is debatable, I know).

To be fair, he was standing on or at the edge of the warning track, in pretty deep territory, most of today's COF wouldn't have thrown him out.

To summarize:

--Rickard ran a long way to reach the ball hit by Suzuki into the first row of the stands for the ball in foul territory.

--The runner on 3rd scored easily, but the runner on 2nd held.

--The ball was clearly touched by a fan before Rickard caught it.

--Neither team challenged the outcome, but I liked the exchange of an out for a run in that situation

--Brach then retired Buxton to strand the runner at 2nd and preserve the tie.

Interestngly, though, if replay were to show that the fan touched the ball on the in-play side of the wall, the ruling would be a dead-ball out on fan interference, and the runner would have to go back tho third. They weren't showing the replay with that in mind, so I don't know which side of the wall the fan touch occurred on. It was close.

Interestngly, though, if replay were to show that the fan touched the ball on the in-play side of the wall, the ruling would be a dead-ball out on fan interference, and the runner would have to go back tho third. They weren't showing the replay with that in mind, so I don't know which side of the wall the fan touch occurred on. It was close.

The fan had his back to the camera, so that part wasn't shown.

My take on this, that's an Oriole fan, and this is an Oriole play, get the heck out of the way and dont obstruct his ability to get the back back to the infield.

They should have learned back and given him all the room he needed to make that a clean play.

Again, IMO

Almost got it. The first hit was a double by Rosario. It was in on his fists and he inside-outed it down the line. Then Givens hit Park with a slider that got away from him and didn't break. Then Escobar crushed one off the wall, but with 1 out Rosario had to hold up and only made it to third.

Escobar's was the only hard hit, but Buck didn't take any chances and brought in Brach to get out of it with only the sac fly.

Archived