The Vanimal starts Sunday

Rene88

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd be surprised if Wright doesn't make the start now on Sunday. Makes little sense to skip him and put in a guy who is not stretched out.

People on here were saying it was confirmed Worley was starting and I found at least one article saying the same thing. It really doesn't make sense to start Worley in any context over Wilson or Wright. No idea what

Buck is thinking here. Only thing I can think of is he wants to stretch Worley out a little, but doesn't want to do it on the road at Fenway against the Sox? Beats me.

People on here were saying it was confirmed Worley was starting and I found at least one article saying the same thing. It really doesn't make sense to start Worley in any context over Wilson or Wright. No idea what

Buck is thinking here. Only thing I can think of is he wants to stretch Worley out a little, but doesn't want to do it on the road at Fenway against the Sox? Beats me.

I wouldn't want him playing in Fenway at this time of year. It's going to be colder than an ex lovers heart out there in Boston this week.

I wouldn't want him playing in Fenway at this time of year. It's going to be colder than an ex lovers heart out there in Boston this week.

Tomorrow will be near 60 with a shower.Tuesday not that cold with rain.Wednesday about 45 with a little rain.Orioles seem to be having a rain cloud over their heads. Still playing fine.

Yep, defintely is Worley today. Not sure I get this one.

o

14 OUTS: 5 Strikeouts, 5 Groundouts, 2 Lineouts, 1 Popout, 1 Flyout

VANCE RICHARD WORLEY O (vs. D-RAYS, 4/10)

IP:l 4.67

H:;; 7 ll(1 Home Run, 6 Singles)

R:l) 3

BB: 1

SO: 5

Pitches: 79 (50 Strikes, 29 Balls)

2016 ERA: 5.79

PITCHES BY INNING

91 (81 Strikes, 11 Balls)

14 (10 Strikes, 41 Balls)

15 (11 Strikes, 41 Balls)

21 (10 Strikes, 11 Balls)

20 (11 Strikes, 91 Balls) **

** Worley recorded 2 outs before departing in the 5th inning.

Buck left him out there a few batters too long.

Agreed. I was clear Buck wanted him to finish 5IP to qualify for the win. As a deception guy, Worley is very good the first time through the order, and horrible the third time. Not being fully stretched out exacerbated that.

I was surprised they let him throw as many pitches as they did. He hadn't pitched since the last spring training game. He must have had a secret sim game where he threw 60+ pitches that the Orioles didn't tell anybody about because they didn't want to reveal their hand.

Buck left him out there too long. All because of the Win rule which Buck loves.

Worley looked great for 3. Looked blah for 2. Not sure if this is what we get with Worley. So maybe better he sticks in long relief not as a starter if he can barely make it through 5. Could be that he hasn't been stretched out. Could be that he has fringey stuff as a starter.

He has a legit swing-and-miss slider. It looked like he uses his changeup just for show, and his fastball sits around 88-89. I think he'll be an asset one time through the order, but with only one really good pitch I don't see him sticking in the rotation.

You know who has three good pitches? Brad Brach. Maybe if Bundy and Givens can establish themselves as reliable options in the 6th and 7th, the O's could try to stretch Brach out.

He has a legit swing-and-miss slider. It looked like he uses his changeup just for show, and his fastball sits around 88-89. I think he'll be an asset one time through the order, but with only one really good pitch I don't see him sticking in the rotation.

You know who has three good pitches? Brad Brach. Maybe if Bundy and Givens can establish themselves as reliable options in the 6th and 7th, the O's could try to stretch Brach out.

Good thoughts here. Always enjoy reading your posts sir.

Me and all the fans around us called it. He should have been out 2 batters before. I get he wants to get him the win but he hadn't pitched in a week.
I think it's more he want to save his pen as much as possible. If we are going to win they are the ones to do it.

Archived