Based on what you've seen...

Bradysburns

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A better HITTING team for sure.

I like our pitching better too. Our bullpen is top 5 in the league. Expect a good season out of tillman and gallardo. Good showings from Gausman and Ubaldo as well. Our pitching is better than league average.

Good start but need to play better on the road then last year.Rickard will come back to earth somewhat just like Parades did.My scout friend thinks Alvarez is not good.We shall see.All about the pitching. Also no real dominant team in the AL.

Alvarez has a track record of being a good hitter, would rather have him than reimold as DH. Especially when he is hitting 7th with our short porch in right.

I take these games as part of the 18 series that we need to win.

There are 162 games in a season. You divide that by 9 and you get the 18 Series that I speak of.

The goal should be to win these 18, nine game series. If they go 5 wins and 4 losses in each nine game span they would have a total of 90 wins. Currently they need just one more win in the next 5 games to have Won the first series. Once they win the fifth game , you start the next series and this puts the team in a spot to win over 90 Games.

After they play 3 of these nine game series(27 Games), we as fans will have a better picture of who this team is.

The entire concept of baseball is divisible/multiples of nine.

Hmm, how'd that season turn out?

Actually, it ended rather well as I recall. Oh no, the Orioles did not have a winning season, a wild card birth or anything exciting like that. But they did draw a line in the sand. They did stand up and say no more and they have been winners every since.. That's how it turned out.

In the process they denied the Redsox entry to the playoffs.

Here is a great reminder:

The O's home run totals by game are 0, 1, 2 and 4. See a pattern?

I'd say if they hit 8 home runs in tomorrow's game, they're heading for 162-0.

Totally dig this - although even at a brisk 15 seconds per home run trot, I think it might take longer than the universe has existed!

A statistician would say their expected win total is up a game or two. Since if you think they are a true talent .500 team, after starting off 4-0 if they play exactly like a .500 team going forward they would finish 83-79.

And since Miguel Gonzalez is gone and Mike Wright might be better, maybe 86 - 76.

If you made a win-total estimate for the Orioles before the season started... would you increase that estimate based on what you've seen so far? Or is it still too early?

I say live in the moment and enjoy an undefeated start to the season -- leave the full season projection shifts for May. I mean, no one would honestly change their feelings about a team after four games, right?

I say live in the moment and enjoy an undefeated start to the season -- leave the full season projection shifts for May. I mean, no one would honestly change their feelings about a team after four games, right?

I would think that this team appears better than the one all the folks were deriding. But then, as Baltimore fans, we are used to derision.

BTW, projections? They are just for something to talk about. They are not real. Just imagery. Something for places that are cold and covered with snow.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> no playoffs, no winter signings til late, awful start to ST, pundits predict 5th place, freezing - takes more than 4 games for most</p>— Denise Williams (@weamsgirl) <a href="

">April 9, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I do have to say while I am surprised the pitching has looked as good as it has so far, I think we have been underestimated. And you know what? I'm completely fine with that. These same guys projecting us for last in the division are the same guys that said we'd be among the worst teams in the majors in 2012 and four years later, we've done quite well for ourselves. I don't know if we'll make the playoffs this year or not but we do have a good team I feel and one that I feel can make the playoffs. Just keep on playing day by day and we'll be good.

Archived