vs. RAYS, 4/10

Sessh

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[shtuff!] I forgot about the Maters. Damn, I have to get groceries yet today.

I have an old golf program. Links 2001. Have an excellent copy of Augusta National. Played it THOUSANDS of times. I know every inch of that place. Every camera change on the telecast I know where they are before they even show which hole.

I have an old golf program. Links 2001. Have an excellent copy of Augusta National. Played it THOUSANDS of times. I know every inch of that place. Every camera change on the telecast I know where they are before they even show which hole.

He's got a three shot lead through seven, just played the 7th perfectly. Go get yer groceries and you'll be back before the coronation.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• How far away from the stadium are you willing to go?
    • A few of us were arguing in the offseason this team needed an extra outfielder, mainly a centerfielder, in case Mullins or someone else struggled or got hurt again like last season.   Gunnar, Adley and Westburg have settled in nicely, but it appears we can't expect all the young guys to adjust so well.  Cowser was great for awhile but has shown himself to have some large growing pains the past few weeks.  Meanwhile, the veterans in the outfield have all had their struggles.  Aaron Hicks played unexpectedly well last season, and a veteran presence out there in lieu of Mullins slumping badly is maybe what this team needs.  Hopefully that's all this team needs out there this season.  
    • And btw, Cowser isn’t an everyday guy, at least not yet. The injury to Hays has forced him into the lineup more than he should be. His defense has largely been very good, so he’s helping there but hopefully with Hays back, he will start hitting some and Cowser can sit a little more often, as he should be doing right now. Maybe he develops into a 150+ games guy but I think he’s more of a 130-140 games guy right now.
    • Cowser is talented.  He’s succeeded at every level.  He’s definitely got some flaws as a hitter.  The only way we’re going to figure out if he can figure it out is by playing him.  He’s probably played his way back into a platoon with Hays.      A lot of our hitters are in pull mode, including Henderson.  Cowser has hit some balls to left center but when’s the last time he hit a line drive single to the LF.  Same question goes towards Mullins and Henderson. Westburg, O’Hearn, and Mountcastle are using the whole field and, not coincidentally, having the better at bats.  
    • The Os have 3-6 pitchers on the 40 man that you could DFA right now and you either wouldn’t lose them or you wouldn’t care if you did. You can sign their clone tomorrow.
    • I didn’t make the remark, but that was a pretty poor at bat overall.  The first pitch he swung at was a low slider that wasn’t a strike, and if he’d put it in play it likely would have been an infield grounder.   Then that final pitch he was clearly guessing, and guessed wrong.   Late and close, he’s hitting .095/.130/.238 with 9 K’s in 23 PA. He’s got a .454 OPS in his last 17 games. I don’t know that I’d say he’s “lost,” but he’s scuffling and pressing IMO.     
    • Except it’s not. He saw 15 pitches in 4 at bats yesterday. He is seeing 4.24 PPA overall, which is well above the league average.   He went the other way again yesterday, which is something he has been doing a lot. He isn’t trying to be pull happy. His chase % is very good and overall, his statcast numbers are still very good to excellent outside of K and WHIFF rate. As was discussed yesterday, his quality of contact has been very good. He is hitting into some bad luck. Like all players, he will look bad in any given at bat or game. It’s not exactly breaking news that baseball is hard.  Yesterday they faced a pitcher who has been very good for this year outside of 1 bad start. The team had 3 hits and 2 were by one guy.       
  • Popular Contributors