I feel bad for Red Sox fans

MrOrange82

Listening to the NESN broadcast today has made me feel (somewhat) sorry for our possibly-misunderstood, mostly-unintelligible friends to the north. Specifically, listening to Dave O'Brien and some guy who's clearly been choking on a RemDawg for the better part of nine innings is just appalling. I mean, it's bad enough that NESN has chosen to broadcast, live, a person's untimely, foodstuff-related demise. But to force that person to supply baseball-related "insights" on his way out the door, and to force the team's fanbase to listen, helpless, as it all goes down...? It's practically inhuman.

From all of us here in the English speaking world, we're sorry, Red Sox fans. And shame on you, NESN. Shame on you.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I subjected myself to nine innings of Jerry Remy, and had to vent.

Yes, but you started the thread after 8 and-a-half innings.

It's a good thing that the Orioles held off the Red Sox' rally in the bottom of the 9th inning. ;)

I don't believe in jinxes, whammies, and curses, but you never would have heard the end of it from many others if the Orioles had wound up losing this game.

Yes, but you started the thread after 8 and-a-half innings.

It's a good thing that the Orioles held off the Red Sox' rally in the bottom of the 9th inning. ;)

I don't believe in jinxes, whammies, and curses, but you never would have heard the end of it from many others if the Orioles had wound up losing this game.

I'd be lying if I said that didn't occur to me when Britton coughed up the gopher ball.

Archived