o

MARK DANIEL TRUMBO

MARK DANIEL TRUMBO

MARK DANIEL TRUMBO

MARK DANIEL TRUMBO

MARK DANIEL TRUMBO

MARK DANIEL TRUMBO

MARK DANIEL TRUMBO

Trumbo has homered 4 times in the last 4 games, and he has 7 homers and 15 RBI's his last 11 games.

Last night's 2-run round-tripper was No. 38 on the season for Trumbo. He is the Major League leader in home runs by 3 over Toronto's Edwin Encarnacion (35.) No other player in baseball has hit more than 32 home runs (Khris Davis, Nolan Arenado, Nelson Cruz, and Kris Bryant each have 32.)

Trumbo was asked why he's been able to bash so many longballs in 2016 ........ "I think that at times, maybe the ballpark (Oriole Park) has helped a little bit," Trumbo said. "But these were some of the things that I wanted to do in the off-season. I wanted to drive the ball a little bit more in the air this year. That was kind of the mindset going into it. And all of the off-season work was kind of geared towards that. You don't know if it is going to materialize, but you hope it does. So far, so good."

http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2016/08/brach-on-the-bullpen-trumbo-on-his-homers-after-the-os-beat-washington.html

I heard the radio replay of the home run call last night, and the announcer nailed it the second it was hit.

Of course, most of us watching it on TV knew it was another Trumbo Jumbo too, no doubt about that one.

Not like the Manny one to the wall, that stayed in play.

The announcer on the MLB network had the best call.

He sounded like the biggest Oriole fan in the world. He screamed, "Numbeeeeeeer Thirty Eiiiiiight !!!"

He sounded like the biggest Oriole fan in the world. He screamed, "Numbeeeeeeer Thirty Eiiiiiight !!!"

It was a great call. I think it was Matt Vasgersian. I actually enjoyed MLB Network's commentary last night.

I made the mistake of turning on the wrong MASN channel last night, and after 2 hitters with the NATs dudes, I had to switch and get to our dudes. :)

Could be the 4th consecutive year that the MLB home run title is won by an Oriole.

2013 - Davis

2014- Cruz

2015 - Davis

2016 - Trumbo?

Trumbo will almost definitely keep that streak going. He will also almost definitely have by far the worst overall season of the 4.

Trumbo will almost definitely keep that streak going. He will also almost definitely have by far the worst overall season of the 4.

That's OK, I won't complain about Trumbo's season. His defense bites but he has exceeded my expectations offensively. I was expecting 30+ bombs but he could end up in the mid-40's.

Could be the 4th consecutive year that the MLB home run title is won by an Oriole.

2013 - Davis

2014- Cruz

2015 - Davis

2016 - Trumbo?

And the funny thing is, prior to 2013, the O's had exactly one player - FRobby in '66 - who led the bigs in homers. We're making up for a LOT of lost time!

That's OK, I won't complain about Trumbo's season. His defense bites but he has exceeded my expectations offensively. I was expecting 30+ bombs but he could end up in the mid-40's.

He has also exceeded my expectations. I figured he had a ceiling of an average starter, it appears he will meet that ceiling. I didn't expect that.

2013 - Davis

2014- Cruz

2015 - Davis

2016 - Trumbo?

If Trumbo does win the HR crown I wonder how many teams in MLB history have had the HR run leader in 4 consecutive seasons.

If Trumbo does win the HR crown I wonder how many teams in MLB history have had the HR run leader in 4 consecutive seasons.

I don't know, but the Yankees won 9 years in a row from 1923-1931 (Babe Ruth won 8 of those, including six in a row from 1926-31, and Bob Meusel won the other one). Ralph Kiner won the HR title seven years in a row for the Pirates.

Edit -- It has happened a few other times. Frank (Home Run) Baker of the Philadelphia Athletics won the HR title four years in a row in 1911-14, and the Philadelphia Phillies won four in a row from 1917-20 (Gavvy Cravath won three of those).

Speaking of Gavvy Cravath: he won six HR titles in seven years from 1913-19. The only year he missed, he was one HR short of leading the league. So how come I never heard of him until today?

I don't know, but the Yankees won 9 years in a row from 1923-1931 (Babe Ruth won 8 of those, including six in a row from 1926-31, and Bob Meusel won the other one). Ralph Kiner won the HR title seven years in a row for the Pirates.

You been hanging with Drungo, lately? [Not, that, that's a bad thing. :)]

Archived