vs. RAYS, 4/27

Sessh

I had a very gifted and insightful philosophy professor once who would call your line of thinking "intellectually irresponsible"

How so? If one can't see that this team is not playing as well as they were in the first seven games of the season, then there's something wrong. They are not playing at the same level and the 4-8 record is proof of that.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But the team is fundamentally different than when the season started with flats in AAA

and one has to consider early road schedule as well.. flying to Boston to Texas back to Baltimore. Then KC to Tampa with no day off. Orioles had two days off this month. Yankees, Rays and Blue Jays will have 3 or more. Blue Jays also have had easiest travel schedule in April, Orioles could arguablely have the hardest this month in the AL East.

What they have done recently is more indicative of the current state of the team. They have scored two runs or less in four of the last five games. Must be all that clutch hitting, huh? That explains their 4-8 record over

the last 12 games. All that scoring. What they did in the first seven games isn't helping them now. Don't read my analysis anymore if you have such a huge problem with it. I write about what's going on lately. What they

did in the first seven games is irrelevant when analyzing the team during this current stretch of games.

And Travel is a major part of it as well.. AND who the they are facing at the current time.. KC and Rays starting staff are pretty good.

and one has to consider early road schedule as well.. flying to Boston to Texas back to Baltimore. Then KC to Tampa with no day off. Orioles had two days off this month. Yankees, Rays and Blue Jays will have 3 or more. Blue Jays also have had easiest travel schedule in April, Orioles could arguable have the hardest this month in the AL East.

Actually, the team had two days off in a row. The last game in Texas was rained out and they had an off day after that before the Toronto series. I can agree that the road schedule may play a role.

:agree:I think he can say how they did hit in RISP lately' date=' but in his original game post how he wrote it as if it was the whole season which is wrong.[/quote']

He's just picking a sample size that fits his diatribe.

What they have done recently is more indicative of the current state of the team. They have scored two runs or less in four of the last five games. Must be all that clutch hitting, huh? That explains their 4-8 record over

the last 12 games. All that scoring. What they did in the first seven games isn't helping them now. Don't read my analysis anymore if you have such a huge problem with it. I write about what's going on lately. What they

did in the first seven games is irrelevant when analyzing the team during this current stretch of games.

..and you can tell who sees what they want to see and decides to be willfully ignorant to anything inconvenient to their current opinion.

:scratchchinhmm:

Actually, the team had two days off in a row. The last game in Texas was rained out and they had an off day after that before the Toronto series. I can agree that the road schedule may play a role.

Not scheduled and that's the point. Orioles still had to be ready to play the game the day of until it was called. They couldn't sleep in and say screw it that day.

How so? If one can't see that this team is not playing as well as they were in the first seven games of the season, then there's something wrong. They are not playing at the same level and the 4-8 record is proof of that.

As far as the team, I've made my feelings clear in other threads. Basically the team isn't as bad as the recent record states, and has been losing the right way, giving up a low run total.

My post was in direct reference to how you ignore critiques of your posts and charge on ahead or how you assume intent, implications and insinuations to match your agenda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's called having a hot take.

Archived