vs. RAYS, 4/27

Sessh

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not scheduled and that's the point. Orioles still had to be ready to play the game the day of until it was called. They couldn't sleep in and say screw it that day.

The game was cancelled several hours before game time IIRC, so they had plenty of time to rest in any event. Doesn't the team practice every day regardless of whether or not there's a game?

.. because the Orioles are not playing the same quality of baseball that they were during that time. Those numbers are misleading and do not reflect the way the team has played over the last 12 games.. at ALL. Last

I checked, 12 is a larger number than seven and therefore represent the majority of games the Orioles have played so far.

All you needed to say was the O's haven't been hitting with RISP of late.

Neither were significant. It's still April bud. The team is in first. At least for a couple hours.

And if we go with historically how the Orioles played the last 4 years.. going .500 plus in March/April is the norm.. it's July, August and September.. when we show how good or bad we are.

They are significant when writing about the team's current play during this 4-8 stretch.

OK, just to humor you, I looked up the Orioles' RISP average during this 4-8 stretch.

They are hitting .319. That's HIGHER than their overall season average w/RISP.

You couldn't be more wrong about this. Just give it up.

:scratchchinhmm:

I don't have an "agenda".. I write about what the team is doing during whatever recent stretch of games are going on at the time. Should I write about the 7-0 start when we're losing in June? I don't get your logic. I

write about current trends and games and what happened in those games, why they are losing or winning etc. There is no agenda. I fail to understand where you even get that from. When the team plays well, I write

about what they are doing well that is winning games for them. When they are losing, I write about that; simple equation, no agenda, nothing but what is currently going on. I'm sorry if that's difficult to comprehend.

I don't have an "agenda".. I write about what the team is doing during whatever recent stretch of games are going on at the time. Should I write about the 7-0 start when we're losing in June? I don't get your logic. I

write about current trends and games and what happened in those games, why they are losing or winning etc. There is no agenda. I fail to understand where you even get that from. When the team plays well, I write

about what they are doing well that is winning games for them. When they are losing, I write about that; simple equation, no agenda, nothing but what is currently going on. I'm sorry if that's difficult to comprehend.

I never said you had an agenda. I simply said that you have your facts wrong. Which you do.

OK, just to humor you, I looked up the Orioles' RISP average during this 4-8 stretch.

They are hitting .319. That's HIGHER than their overall season average w/RISP.

You couldn't be more wrong about this. Just give it up.

Interesting, so why isn't that translating into wins? Where's all that clutch hitting been lately when we've scored two or fewer runs in four of the last five games? Are we hitting .319 then, too? We scored eight runs in the

other game.

Archived