Take advantage of the Yankees while they are down......

wildcard

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Runs scored/game

Orioles: 4.54

Yankees: 3.52

Runs allowed/game

Orioles: 3.88

Yankees: 4.87

Pitching for the O's: Tillman, Wilson, Gausman

Pitching for the Yankees: Severino, Sabathia, Tanaka

On paper, it looks good. That said, I'm not holding my breath. The Yankees always play us tough and we're playing down our closer which now puts more of an emphasis on our other relievers. Perhaps worse, Matusz has been very rocky since coming back and I feel he'll get quite a few appearances due to the Yankees lineup.

Because this off season they have 70-83m coming off their yearly salary.

25m Sabathia

23m Teixeira

15m Beltran

11m Chapman

4m Nova

78m SubTotal FA

-5m buyout of Sabathia

73m Total FA

Plus possible non tenders

5.6m Eovaldi

4.3m Pineda

10m (rounded) total possible non tender

83m freed up this off season.

The Yankees will reload.

You are exactly right. You can bet they are ready to land Harper and/or Manny in two years.

If the Yankees continue to play poorly, and I don't think they will rebound significantly this year, then the real option for a dramatic improvement in 2017 will be the trade deadline this year.

They have three closers that could be unloaded for prospects.

Need a DH? The Yankees have several for contending teams, and if they will eat some salary, they can get good ML ready prospects in return.

That is my fear with the Yankees. I want them to continue to try to build through FA and keep a terrible farm system.

And. it is no sure thing that LA lets Kershaw walk, or Chicago lets Arrieta walk, or that the Os let Manny walk, or that the Nats let Harper walk. All four teams have money and keeping these players at home would seem to be a no brainer.

Harper and Arrieta have Bor"ass" as their agents. He always tests free agency. We should lock Manny up asap.

You seem to know all of the best FA's next year. Trumbo certainly isn't going to finish with a .900 OPS. His history says he probably won't finish with a .800 OPS. There are other 1B, such as Adam Lind, and Encarnacion who are just as good if not better.
Encarnacion is a DH.

I had not realized that the Yankees were hitting so poorly until looking at their stats this morning. They're 14th of 15 in runs scored, after finishing 2nd last year. I have to think that they'll end up better than they are showing right now.

I had not realized that the Yankees were hitting so poorly until looking at their stats this morning. They're 14th of 15 in runs scored, after finishing 2nd last year. I have to think that they'll end up better than they are showing right now.

Or maybe they just got old.

I honestly think, looking at their roster, that this is a better reflection of the talent on their roster as opposed to last season.

Archived