A Role for Kim

Filmstudy

He continues to be the guy who I root for the most on this team. He plays once a week, hustles all the time, and seems thrilled to be here.

I'm rooting for him, too.

Clutch home run today with 2 outs in the 8th inning of a tie game.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am not the one taking out Kim in the 6th each game:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes, I wonder if you even watch the games. Kim played the whole game in game two and was removed in the eighth today. He was only taken out in the sixth inning once. It's kind of like how he made one bad read

and one bad throw in spring training and that means he's a bad defender. Kim has been on everything hit to him with no drama. It's more likely Buck just wants to find time for Rickard too, but if Kim keeps producing, that

is likely to change and would be Rickard and Reimold sharing right field duties.

So, just like the one bad read and one bad throw in spring training permanently coloring your judgment of him defensively no matter what he does, now he's taken out once in the sixth and you twist that into being taken

out in the sixth every game. Seriously?

Sometimes, I wonder if you even watch the games. Kim played the whole game in game two and was removed in the eighth today. He was only taken out in the sixth inning once. It's kind of like how he made one bad read

and one bad throw in spring training and that means he's a bad defender. Kim has been on everything hit to him with no drama. It's more likely Buck just wants to find time for Rickard too, but if Kim keeps producing, that

is likely to change and would be Rickard and Reimold sharing right field duties.

So, just like the one bad read and one bad throw in spring training permanently coloring your judgment of him defensively no matter what he does, now he's taken out once in the sixth and you twist that into being taken

out in the sixth every game. Seriously?

Do you watch the games:)?

Kim hit a homer in the 7th (top), Rickard came in the bottom of the inning. He didn't play in the field for 3 innings of the game. Except for one game, that has been the MO for Kim and Buck.

I don't hate the guy despite your accusations. I just think the league will figure him out quickly and his poor defense doesn't make for a good roster fit. I hope I am wrong, I am just one guy.

Let's just agree that we both like the O's and move on:)

I just think the league will figure him out quickly

Like they have Rickard?

Why do you think the league will "figure him out quickly"? I would imagine it's more difficult to "figure out" contact hitters that have a good eye and rarely swing at bad pitches.

Kim hit a homer in the 7th (top), Rickard came in the bottom of the inning. He didn't play in the field for 3 innings of the game. Except for one game, that has been the MO for Kim and Buck.

I don't hate the guy despite your accusations. I just think the league will figure him out quickly and his poor defense doesn't make for a good roster fit. I hope I am wrong, I am just one guy.

What does that man have to do to prove himself? Hit a home run and still some

find fault. Yea I don't think you hate the man either but it does seem you have

some bias towards him. I mean he wears the orange and black.

So it was the seventh, my bad. I thought it was a home game for a second, but it's not the sixth and the one time that happened it was for a pinch hitter and NOT a defensive replacement. A lefty reliever was brought into the game which was the whole reason for the substitution. Kim played the whole game on the 26th at Houston and was lifted in the eighth the game before. It still stands that you cling to the worst case scenario and make it sound like the norm when it suits you. Also, how has Kim hurt the team defensively? When has he misplayed anything? Give me one example of Kim making a bad play that hurt the Orioles and don't pull the "Well Buck says/did this...." card. I want you to explain it to me.

Exactly how has Kim hurt the O's in the field?

I don't recall any really bad throws, or routes or his range being an issue.

He sure doesn't make it look easy but he's been solid enough.

Range isn't good but sure you have seen that. No bad plays like Trumbo in his short time out there.

Plus he hasn't been given the opportunity to fail yet since Buck has pulled him in the late innings in all but 1 game.

Buck needs to pull off the training wheels and let the chips fall where they may.

Range isn't good but sure you have seen that. No bad plays like Trumbo in his short time out there.

Plus he hasn't been given the opportunity to fail yet since Buck has pulled him in the late innings in all but 1 game.

Buck needs to pull off the training wheels and let the chips fall where they may.

Thanks just wondering if you had seen something I hadn't.

Archived