A Role for Kim

Filmstudy

You can kick me out anytime you want to, just as Orioles have tried to kick Kim out.

Yes, I am very angry because Kim is being insulted and humiliated for no reason.

I learned from my kindergarten that there are some things that a human being shouldn't do to another human being.

It is almost like a human right issue.

What has Kim done wrong so far? What kind of harm has he caused to the team?

When it matters, he delivers, but all he gets is boos, abuses, insults, and humiliation.

He is a beloved player here in Korea, and we have every reason to believe that he deserves more respect.

If you can't give him a minimum of fair chance and respect, why don't you just eat the contract and release him?

I've never seen such a horrible backstabbing and double talk from an established sports club.

Just for your reference, look at how Pirates have treated Kang. Look at how Twins are doing best to help Park Byung Ho. And look at how Mariners respect Lee Dae Ho.

And Look at how Orioles have treated Kim. They are all being paid big dividends for their investment.

It is just a shame that Orioles can't do the same.

You have no more knowledge of what is going on here than I or any of the other posters do. We only have opinions and what you are stating is only yours. I never kicked you out. The Orioles have never kicked Kim out. Stop over dramatizing everything hand have civil discourse.

You threaten Americans traveling to Korea or bring up race issues again and we will stop talking.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They shouldn't have given him a guaranteed, multi-year contract to be in (an apparently losing) competition with players like that.
Alvarez, and Rickard weren't part of the equation when they signed him.

Roughly on topic and no need for a new thread, but was anyone listening to TheFan yesterday when on Scott Garceau's show, he had The Lantern (I think that's the guy's nickname) from Dempsey's Pub and Lantern saidd that in some recent interview Buck had told him that Kim held the record for most ejections in Korean Baseball? So Lantern goes to Kim and his interpreter and asks this and Kim is puzzled and incredulous about this. And the Lantern goes back to Buck and Buck said he had video of it. I think the speculation on the show was that Buck had punked The Lantern and was enjoying jerking his chain.

Anyone else see this? I did a Google search this morning to see if there was anything on this anywhere and I couldn't come up with a single thing (or anything about Kim ejections). I think it may have been Buck being facetious about Kim's easygoing manner and The Lantern (who IS this guy?) basically being gullible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Roughly on topic and no need for a new thread, but was anyone listening to TheFan yesterday when on Scott Garceau's show, he had The Phantom (I think that's the guy's nickname) from Dempsey's Pub and Phantom said that in some recent interview Buck had told him that Kim held the record for most ejections in Korean Baseball? So Phantom goes to Kim and his interpreter and asks this and Kim is puzzled and incredulous about this. And the Phantom goes back to Buck and Buck said he had video of it. I think the speculation on the show was that Buck had punked The Phantom and was enjoying jerking his chain.

Anyone else see this? I did a Google search this morning to see if there was anything on this anywhere and I couldn't come up with a single thing (or anything about Kim ejections). I think it may have been Buck being facetious about Kim's easygoing manner and The Phantom (who IS this guy?) basically being gullible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I always through he was Brian Billick.

I always through he was Brian Billick.

Ok, The Lantern is Jerry Coleman on TheFan. Just found it here. Not being a MD resident, I'm not in the know about all the radio personalities. I was more up to date when WBAL had the O's. That said, I've really warmed up to TheFan. I listen during the day often on the Tune-In Radio app.

Alvarez, and Rickard weren't part of the equation when they signed him.

Point being, they gave him guaranteed, ML money, irrespective of whatever flotsam they happened to find/acquire thereafter. At the least, it's emblematic of really poor planning/investing on the team's part.

You asked.

The Davis signing pushed Trumbo to the outfield, that certainly changed the dynamics.

IMO.

Trumbo was insurance for Davis and once Davis was signed.

He was penciled in as DH.

Fowler and Cespedes didn't plan out as possible COF acquisitions.

They figured Trumbo could play COF, and signed Alvarez as DH.

IMO.

Trumbo was insurance for Davis and once Davis was signed.

He was penciled in as DH.

Fowler and Cespedes didn't plan out as possible COF acquisitions.

They figured Trumbo could play COF, and signed Alvarez as DH.

I don't think the plan was ever for Trumbo to be a DH like Alvarez is a DH.

He certainly would have had more time at DH then he does currently.

You asked.

The Davis signing pushed Trumbo to the outfield, that certainly changed the dynamics.

No it didn't, Alvarez signing did. I wonder if Kim had made a better first impression on Buck would they have signed Alvarez.

Archived