A Role for Kim

Filmstudy

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No it didn't, Alvarez signing did. I wonder if Kim had made a better first impression on Buck would they have signed Alvarez.

I think the sign in of Alvarez was almost directly a result of them writing off Kim as even a LH bat off the bench

Kim has a weak arm but didn't look terrible tonight out there. Obviously contributed at plate. Buck even trusted him in the OF late in the game, that to me is the biggest take away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think the plan was ever for Trumbo to be a DH like Alvarez is a DH.

He certainly would have had more time at DH then he does currently.

I agree. Initial plans were probably for him to be something like a 33-67 RF-DH. In a Fowler-as-an-Oriole World, it probably would have been something like 20-80 with Fowler occasionally playing LF. The Fowler reneg and the Alvarez signing obviously changed things.

Kim has a weak arm but didn't look terrible tonight out there. Obviously contributed at plate. Buck even trusted him in the OF late in the game, that to me is the biggest take away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kim keeps finding a way to contribute when he gets a chance. Not always pretty but he's getting t done.

Loved seeing the smile on his face when the run came in to score. Tough game tonight and nice to see Kim make an impact when given the opportunity.

He continues to be the guy who I root for the most on this team. He plays once a week, hustles all the time, and seems thrilled to be here.

Yoon didn't have to come back to Korea, but he did. He didn't prove himself even at AAA level, and Kia Tigers was able to persuade him to come back.

And many baseball fans also wanted him to come back, because, well, he is not good enough.

Kim is an entirely different story. A general consensus here is that Kim should never consent to going to Nolfork or coming back, because he hasn't been given a fair chance.

Even Choo of Rangers publicly advised Kim never to consent to demotion and criticized O's.

I don't remember this part. What did Choo say? Do you have a link?

Archived