PED Suspensions Coming

Sessh

Ortiz did fail a drug test in 2003 (although we didn't know about it for another six years). A-Rod wasn't testing positive. Palmeiro shook his finger. So not failing drug tests doesn't mean much. The labs who make this stuff are always a step ahead. It's difficult not to suspect something is up the way he's hitting this year.

The only thing I am WONDERING is why we are not putting our pitchers on something. At this point we need to try anything we can!
No way I want the O's players to cheat or be accused of it.

Not only that, we can't afford to lose pitchers for half a season or more from a suspension.

Really not sure of what you're saying. Outside of Ortiz is there any reason to suspect Red Sox players more so than Oriole players?

I suspect anyone. I do think Ortiz is dirty because we know he has done it before. Not my thread.

If Mookie Betts were an Oriole and hit 5 HR's in 2 days, not a single person on this board would suggest he was on steroids. Not one. He's an incredible talent. Period.

If Mookie Betts were an Oriole, he wouldn't had the opportunity to face crappy pitching for 2 games in a row. Bett's career numbers suggest that he is a solid up and coming young star...I'm not ready to gush "incredible talent" yet.

The Chris Davis who hit .196 was going to turn a 4 game sweep loss into a series victory?

Wow!

Yeah he was the left handed power that had been heating up before suspension. The series was closer than you indicate. A home run here or there. Anyway. It is only an opinion we will never know. I just was just stating that when it is Orioles that do it I am displeased as well.

If Mookie Betts were an Oriole, he wouldn't had the opportunity to face crappy pitching for 2 games in a row. Bett's career numbers suggest that he is a solid up and coming young star...I'm not ready to gush "incredible talent" yet.

He's in his age 23 season after putting up a 6 win season. He's an incredible talent. Watch him play sometime, he's for real.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I have no evidence that anyone on the Red Sox is using PED's.

NONE.

That should be the end of the story, but it isn't, and its because players are getting busted with some regularity in MLB and the testing system remains very flawed and beatable.

I spoke last night to a person who was involved in the BALCO case and is a physician and he said the testing is much better than it has ever been, but it is still very much behind the chemistry of PED's.

There are numerous examples of PED's that can be ingested and show no trace in the body only hours after taking...and still give the human body a boost in performance and reaction time and explosiveness.

Gummies and wafers that can be taken in the early morning will not show up on any test.

I just know this.

David Ortiz is 40 years old. His bat speed is quicker, and his power is at least what it was in his heydey and maybe better than that.He is on pace for his best season in a decade.

Mookie Betts had 18 HR's last year with nearly 600 at bats. He has 14 in the first two months of this season. The fact that he has had 5 HR's in 2 games is a bit eye opening.

One can argue that Ted Williams hit .316 with 29 HR's t the age of 41.

But THATS Ted Williams.

I know one Boston writer who has a long history with Ortiz and he still wonders how he is doing what he is doing at 40.

I am not accusing anyone of doing anything. But it makes me wonder.

Im not a conspiracy person and dont look at everything as murky or sordid. But weve seen it and heard it before.

A reminder that MOST of the top hitters who were suspended in the past did NOT test positive but were exposed because someone else blew the whistle.

Nothing would surprise me anymore including players using and never being caught.

Again, Im not accusing, only wondering.

This is all in really bad taste. How is this any different than me suggesting it's awfully fishy a washed up Mark Trumbo now has 17HRs and is on pace for the far and away greatest season of his life at age 30. Nelson Cruz became an Oriole and had the season of his career up until that point at age 33. Chris Davis went from AAAA washout to 40+HR masher at age 26. Point being, it's classless to throw out accusations and that's what this is, despite what your title may claim, when you have zero evidence. Oh and just for the record, Manny jumped from 14HR in 2013 to 35 in 2015, which isn't all that much different than what Betts is doing.

This is all in really bad taste. How is this any different than me suggesting it's awfully fishy a washed up Mark Trumbo now has 17HRs and is on pace for the far and away greatest season of his life at age 30. Nelson Cruz became an Oriole and had the season of his career up until that point at age 33. Chris Davis went from AAAA washout to 40+HR masher at age 26. Point being, it's classless to throw out accusations and that's what this is, despite what your title may claim, when you have zero evidence. Oh and just for the record, Manny jumped from 14HR in 2013 to 35 in 2015, which isn't all that much different than what Betts is doing.

None of what you say is really unheard of in regards to the O's. Although I'm suspicious of Cruz, as he was caught before, Davis is a poor example. He's had outstanding power his entire career back to high school. His issue is exactly what you've been seeing now in his slump; making solid contact. When he does, you see could see the ball almost hit the warehouse, al la two nights ago.

The evidence is that 8-10 years ago 3/4 of the league failed the anonymous "trial" drug test. Plus nobody ever really gets caught from a failed test. It's all the paper trail. The testing is a joke.

The evidence is that 8-10 years ago 3/4 of the league failed the anonymous "trial" drug test. Plus nobody ever really gets caught from a failed test. It's all the paper trail. The testing is a joke.

So from then on out you're just going to assume that every player on every team is doping? What a miserable way to watch baseball.

Betts is 24 years old, he isn't even in his prime yet. He's doing something Machado did just a few years back. As far as having your doubts, do you have those same doubts about those players of the 50s,60s,70s etc when they were on everything from cocaine,amphetamines,lsd and what not to greenies? Baseball fandom hates Barry Bonds for cheating but adores Hank Aaron who admitted to having used greenies. For whatever reason steroids has this stigma that they take a scrub and make him an allstar while greenies were nothing.