The New High Water Mark Thread

Frobby

(JUNE 7th)

The Orioles are 11 games over .500 for the first time since May 21st.

If you subtract the 7-game winning streak that they had to start the season, they are 4 games over .500.

If you subtract both of the Orioles' 7 game winning streaks that they have had this season, they are 3 games under .500.

If you subtract all 34 wins that the Orioles have had this season, they are 23 games under .500.

Wow, that's pretty bad ... but wouldn't they be 57 games under .500?

No, we're keeping the losses and subtracting the wins without making said wins losses.

Just erase the wins, like white-out.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's really +5 though because the 7 game winning streak to start the season was a fluke...:rolleyestf:

No you have to take out both 7 game win streaks. So we're actually - 2 for the season.

I hope they don't win the first three in Toronto, because then we'll have to erase THAT seven game win streak too and we'll be even further down.

26 games til the break. We go 16-10 which is clearly very possible, we would be 51-33 and in a great spot.

Even if we fall a little short we could still easily be 15 games above .500 by that point.

That makes me very excited. Our second halfs under Buck are typically better than our first halves.

I just want to continue to have opportunities to update this thread with new high water marks. We've put ourselves in a really good position so far. We just need to keep gradually inching forward and not backwards.

No you have to take out both 7 game win streaks. So we're actually - 2 for the season.

I hope they don't win the first three in Toronto, because then we'll have to erase THAT seven game win streak too and we'll be even further down.

HeeHeee. :laughlol:

We have played 12 more home games than road games. Manny will miss 3-10 of the next games and they happen to be on the road against good clubs. Our starting pitching outside of Tilman is a mess. I'm as happy as anyone with our position now but I doubt it's sustainable unless 4 out of our 5 starters improve on their performance to date.

Archived