The New High Water Mark Thread

Frobby

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure, it's possible that this was our high point. But the team has held its own on the road 11-12 and if it can continue to do that, I like our chances. I'm just taking things one game and series at a time.

Sure, it's possible that this was our high point. But the team has held its own on the road 11-12 and if it can continue to do that, I like our chances. I'm just taking things one game and series at a time.

And this series was fun.

Isn't the old mantra "go 2/3 at home and split on the road," or something like that?

Isn't the old mantra "go 2/3 at home and split on the road," or something like that?

Simple math: if you go .667 at home and ~.500 on the road, you will win 94-95 games. 54 at home and 40-41 on the road.

I've got even simpler math ...... if you're 35-23 overall, you want to try to be 36-23 overall by the end of your next game.

There'll be time enough for countin' when the dealing's done.

• 3 weeks later...
26 games til the break. We go 16-10 which is clearly very possible, we would be 51-33 and in a great spot.

Even if we fall a little short we could still easily be 15 games above .500 by that point.

8-7 in the first 15 games out of that 26 game stretch.

Now sitting at +13 tying the highest high water mark.

With Tilly on the hill to try to get to +14.

Archived