The New High Water Mark Thread

Frobby

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> are eight games over .500 for the first time since the end of the 2014 season.</p>? Rich Dubroff (@RichDubroffCSN) <a href="
">May 11, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2014: Nelson Cruz

2016: Mark Trumbo

2018: ???

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So' date=' in other words, we were never this good last season?[/quote']

Last Year: 2015

Most Games over .500 was 7 and the last was on Sunday, Jun 28, 2015

Most Games under .500 was 7 and the last was on Monday, Sep 7, 2015

If we play .500 ball the rest of the way we win 90 games.
Was just thinking the same thing

Not quite. If we're .500 the rest of the way we remain 9 games over .500. Or 8 or 10 games over, since an odd number away from .500 isn't possible with full a 162 game schedule. So that's 85-86 wins.

90 wins is 18 games over .500.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Yeah - he is fun to watch when he healthy and happy. Despite the myriad of arm issues, he remains one of my favorite players on the team. I got to see him bat and pitch in a game here in Colorado, (May, 2019) and the intensity he showed in that game — a bit of throwback attitude — at the time on a bare bones roster. O’s lost, 8-6, but he left the game with a 5-3 lead at Coors Field (Armstrong with the blown save, Givens with the loss), but I loved the way he battled and the enthusiasm he had on that not so good team offered a bit of hope.
    • Want to win every game but today would be truly icing on the cake. It would be great to have Mullins and Santander to break out.
    • Besides not walking many guys, I agree, Kremer has been getting pretty "lucky" so far this year. He's a bit of a gamer though and he's typically outperformed his expected stats.  Either way, I agree, he's needs to keep pitching well or could have some risk to being options for no other reason than to lose a pitcher.
    • Fernando Cruz is striking out 46% of batters so far this season. The Reds are off tomorrow, and we've kept Alexis Diaz on the sidelines by holding late innings leads. Cincinnati can probably look for the whole game from Lodolo, Cruz and Diaz as they try to avoid the sweep.  
    • I do think we're going to see Suarez gradually get more high leverage situations. He hasn't pitched in a bit now so I imagine we see him this afternoon. Let's hope not before the 6th inning.
    • I'm thinking another reliable shutdown reliever or two. Maybe one can be a closer to push Kimbrel to the setup role. 
    • So, I generally agree but it’s certainly not 100%.  Two at bats from last night.  Means to De La Cruz in the 6th.  Nothing but changeups and curves. Cowser PH AB.  First pitch curve and then back to back changeups.   No fastball needed.  Nick Martinez could have told Cowser he was throwing a changeup and as long as he kept locating it Cowser wasn’t touching it. Unless Cowser is a dummy, he has to be looking for changeups at certain times.  Fastballs for strikes will be few and far between for now on.   Adjust or become a victim of Darwinism.
  • Popular Contributors