vs. MARINERS, 5/18

Sessh

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Quick question. How much worse than the other 29 GMs is Elias in making roster decisions, acquisitions, and transactions? I think it's likely that fans from all 30 teams say the same hyperbolic statement about their GM.
    • 3rd rehab start, 2nd in AAA. People are always obsessing about velocity.  I’m easily just as interested, if not more, in whether a pitcher has command of his various pitches and can mix them up enough to keep hitters off balance.  I’m not saying velocity is unimportant, but being at ones top velocity is neither necessary nor sufficient to succeed for most pitchers.  
    • McKenna is my least favorite Oriole of all time as well. He's way worse than Severino.  Severino was just a bad baseball player. Orioles have had plenty of those during their losing seasons. But McKenna is much worse because he's a bad baseball player who's considered to be a good defensive outfielder by the only two people that really matter - Mike Elias and Brandon Hyde. And McKenna has consistently killed this team with awful defensive plays, the one thing he's supposed to be good at. The dropped ball last season in Boston was bar none the worst defensive play I've ever seen an Oriole make, especially considering it literally cost us a game, and it was one of the easiest plays any baseball player can make. It was poor fundamentals and poor execution. McKenna's stupid bandana makes him extra annoying. I despise him as a player, and the fact Elias values him makes me question Elias's ability to manage a major league roster. I'm not exaggerating when I say that, and I don't care what the team's win-loss record was last year or what it is this season. Elias makes a ton of questionable at best, poor at worst roster decisions, acquisitions, and transactions.
    • This, for me, is why the wait for Bradish or Means has been excruciating. It was the only thing I could use to explain the lack of action beyond picking up Ramírez, when the bullpen is in such obvious need of help, and the only thing I could look to for hope. If he is back to form when he returns, it will possibly have significant ripple effects.
    • If Irvin were an acquisition made today to help bolster the bullpen, I don't think anyone would think that would be an impact move or be happy with that. Suarez, who knows? He's thrown 11 innings, let the league start looking at the data and see if they adjust.
    • The scale is:  1 star: 91-95% 2 star: 76-90 3 star: 51-75% 4 star: 26-51% 5 star: 0-25% So, Statcast had that as a 2 star catch, at 85%.  I said I thought the odds were more like 50/50, so either 3 star or 4 star .   But none of the replays I’ve seen really show McKenna’s supposedly bad jump, so it’s a little hard to say.     
    • https://www.mlb.com/news/kyle-bradish-ready-to-return-to-orioles-rotation
  • Popular Contributors