Is it really that hard to find a good fielder ?

Fliqan

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rickard is a Rule 5 rookie. They have adjusted to his early success by throwing him a steady diet of junk. He has to make adjustments and will be fine if he does.

A 25 year old rookie who had no power in the minor leagues.

I'm more concerned about the log jam we have in LF/RF and a struggling Joey Rickard. We're essentially starting 2 defensively challenged corner outfielders. One of which isn't hitting.

There is no significant data set that supports calling Rickard a poor fielder.

Wow! I didn't know you had telepathic powers and can influence games from your couch!! :);)

Lol, We all do. That's why we spend countless hours watching games despite our significant others objecting:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. The thing they get on Flaherty for not hitting but he is a utility infielder and he hits like one. They should instead be getting on Rickard who is a corner outfielder and is hitting like a Utility Infielder.

Some do get on him.

There is a book on how to upgrade for free. Airlines,cars,hotels. I don't see any free upgrades for baseball teams.

For money is free to me. I would not want to give up any real talent to upgrade. And I am not comfortable with any in house shenanigans. A payroll relief deal would work for me. And Trumbo is fine on one side.

Doesn't mean that anyone would listen should someone do that.
Apparently a lot of people are listening, it is a common refrain here that Joey is a poor fielder even though there is no significant evidence of that. Oh wait, he missed the cut off man several times. I stand corrected, he stinks with the glove. :rolleyestf:

Apparently a lot of people are listening, it is a common refrain here that Joey is a poor fielder even though there is no significant evidence of that. Oh wait, he missed the cut off man several times. I stand corrected, he stinks with the glove. :rolleyestf:

Kinda like how folks talk up Flaherty's defensive prowess without evidence?

If Bordick extols it, I believe he knows it. He was a superior defender.

He's also a homer that would never say anything bad about an Orioles player, though. Flaherty is average with the glove, but his versatility and ability to fill in defensively when someone goes down has been valuable to

the team. He's just not much more than that. As for Rickard, for awhile, he wasn't a good defender. He has gotten quite a bit better recently though and I don't think it's accurate to say he's not a good fielder at this

time. He just can't hit unless it's fast and straight.

Archived