Red Sox Series Preview

Frobby

So your are already writing this team off for the divison and any of the Wild Card spots? I think that's a very pessimistic take.

Before the season started in the poll thread about win/loss, I picked sub .500 for this team. I stand by that, and the hot start was not enough to make me think otherwise.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Put the kool-aid down. I think I've watched enough baseball over the years to know mediocrity when I see it. Looks like a team fast heading south unfortunately. The Sawx will have this division wrapped up within two weeks.

You just lost any credibility to your post in the final sentence.

So your are already writing this team off for the divison and any of the Wild Card spots? I think that's a very pessimistic take.
Before the season started in the poll thread about win/loss' date=' I picked sub .500 for this team. I stand by that, and the hot start was not enough to make me think otherwise.[/quote']

By the same token I could say since the hot start (7-0) they've played .500 ball, that's not sub 500.

By the same token I could say since the hot start (7-0) they've played .500 ball' date=' that's not sub 500.[/quote']

Certainly they are not a sub .500 team right now. I stand by my choice that they will be a sub .500 team at the end of the season. No use arguing about it now, we can revisit this at the end of September for "I told you so's" if that is your kind of thing.

Check back in 2 weeks. I think you will be singing a different tune.

Almost no chance I will consider the race over with almost 100 games to play, no matter what happens in the next two weeks.

Before the season started in the poll thread about win/loss' date=' I picked sub .500 for this team. I stand by that, and the hot start was not enough to make me think otherwise.[/quote']
By the same token I could say since the hot start (7-0) they've played .500 ball' date=' that's not sub 500.[/quote']
Certainly they are not a sub .500 team right now. I stand by my choice that they will be a sub .500 team at the end of the season. No use arguing about it now, we can revisit this at the end of September for "I told you so's" if that is your kind of thing.

Fair enough, we will agree to disagree and await what happens in the end. I'm not someone who does " I told you so's" and while I hope I'm right, it is not because I want to say I'm right, it's because I love the O's. I apologize if I came on a bit brash, I'm suffering through some horrible health problems and my symptoms are really high right now.

Fair enough' date=' we will agree to disagree and await what happens in the end. I'm not someone who does " I told you so's" and while I hope I'm right, it is not because I want to say I'm right, it's because I love the O's. I apologize if I came on a bit brash, I'm suffering through some horrible health problems and my symptoms are really high right now.[/quote']

Hey buddy, I hope you are right too. :)

Archived