Would you sign Matusz to a minor league deal?

Frobby

Should the O's sign Matusz to a MiL deal?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Should the O's sign Matusz to a MiL deal?

• Sure, the cost is nominal so why not?
    • No, I am completely done with the guy

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/2/2016 at 5:22 AM, Frobby said:

He passed through major league waivers yesterday after being DFA'd by Atlanta. He can sign with any team with Atlanta still obligated to pay the remaining part of his $3.9!mom salary less the amount he signs for (presumably nominal). Do you think the O's should sign him to a MiL deal?

The good news is Matusz signed with AZ.

• 1 month later...

Sometimes you need a thread like this to remind you just how much you don't miss a player.  There must be a hundred different named emotions in the English language,  there needs to be one more for the feeling I would get when Matusz was brought in with a close game on the line and the batter wasn't David Ortiz.  And maybe another more generalized one for the feeling brought on by watching a first round pick slowly wither over the course of years.

This post sounds a lot more mean-spirited than I actually feel; I genuinely wish Matusz all the best, but I'm glad the O's didn't indulge their taste for bringing back former players this time.

3 minutes ago, 24fps said:

Sometimes you need a thread like this to remind you just how much you don't miss a player.  There must be a hundred different named emotions in the English language,  there needs to be one more for the feeling I would get when Matusz was brought in with a close game on the line and the batter wasn't David Ortiz.  And maybe another more generalized one for the feeling brought on by watching a first round pick slowly wither over the course of years.

This post sounds a lot more mean-spirited than I actually feel; I genuinely wish Matusz all the best, but I'm glad the O's didn't indulge their taste for bringing back former players this time.

Lol-that's awesome.

6 minutes ago, 24fps said:

Apprehension doesn't cover it?  Pensiveness?

1 hour ago, 24fps said:

Don't forget Josh Hamilton. Brian killed Josh Hamilton. 1/13, 8 k's.

Archived