Who Said PNC Park Is Nicer Than Camden Yards?

MagicBird

Im pretty sure its been posted here that PNC is a nicer stadium than OPACY.

Well, its not!

Whoever said was just wrong.

I was at the Pirates game yesterday afternoon and while PNC is neat and unique it is not as nice as OPACY.

OPACY is neater, and I would say a cleaner and more upscale design. PNC has an older feel to it, somewhat the feel of a relic. It had to be by design. I get the crudeness of a lot of the design and the steel structure as it fits the city. The bathrooms are small and look older and dirty in presentation. And yea, the view of the city and the old rusty yellow bridge is neat. There is a neat environment inside and outside of the stadium. But it is not a better stadium in any why shape or form IMO.

I was at OPACY this past Thursday & Friday fro games and then in Pitt Yesterday for the Pirates game so the comparison was based on a back to back visits.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am no homer, but completely agree. My main gripe is the walkways within PNC are way too narrow. Also, food selection much better at OPACY.

The one thing that PNC wins on is the backdrop and the bars/nightlife outside the stadium. It is great before and after a game there and even some great museums.

I am no homer, but completely agree. My main gripe is the walkways within PNC are way too narrow. Also, food selection much better at OPACY.

The one thing that PNC wins on is the backdrop and the bars/nightlife outside the stadium. It is great before and after a game there and even some great museums.

AndyWarhol-Self-Portrait-1986.jpg

I thought that if there was a stadium that rivals OPACY, it's PNC. Of course, we were right behind the plate for Crush's three homer game there, but I really enjoyed the experience.

I saw PNC the year it opened (haven't had a chance to get back) and the paint was all fresh and every color seemed brighter than bright. I loved the backdrop, but my first and lasting impression was that it was a toy model of an old ball park. It seemed like it belonged on the set of Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood. But I agree, the backdrop with the bridges and cityscape are really tough to beat. It reminds how horrified that Hilton was allowed to block the Bromo Tower with that monstrosity across from OPACY.

PNC is my favorite stadium. I think the backdrop is a bit more impressive than Camden Yards. The River, Clemente Bridge, and unimpeded view of downtown > The Warehouse and partial view of downtown IMO. The area around the ballpark is nicer.

PNC has some things going for it where an argument can be made that it's better than Camden Yards. It's all subjective though.

but my first and lasting impression was that it was a toy model of an old ball park. It seemed like it belonged on the set of Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood.

That really is a perfect description. Thats exactly what it feels like looking at the OF from IF seats if you just scan from foul pole to foul pole.

I am no homer, but completely agree. My main gripe is the walkways within PNC are way too narrow. Also, food selection much better at OPACY..

Summed up my thoughts perfectly...but I do think they have better give aways and fan interactive activities between innings than the O's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Im pretty sure its been posted here that PNC is a nicer stadium than OPACY.

Well, its not!

Whoever said was just wrong.

I was at the Pirates game yesterday afternoon and while PNC is neat and unique it is not as nice as OPACY.

OPACY is neater, and I would say a cleaner and more upscale design. PNC has an older feel to it, somewhat the feel of a relic. It had to be by design. I get the crudeness of a lot of the design and the steel structure as it fits the city. The bathrooms are small and look older and dirty in presentation. And yea, the view of the city and the old rusty yellow bridge is neat. There is a neat environment inside and outside of the stadium. But it is not a better stadium in any why shape or form IMO.

I was at OPACY this past Thursday & Friday fro games and then in Pitt Yesterday for the Pirates game so the comparison was based on a back to back visits.

It's open to the field from the concourse, right? I really need to get to a game out there. And Cleveland and the HOF.

Archived