Gallardo listed as Sunday's starter

accinfo

Then you wait until after tomorrow's start to tell him. Not to mention Wright's start tonight. What if Wright gets bombed and Ubaldo has a good game -- are you keeping Wright in the rotation instead of Ubaldo once Gallardo is available?

The only logic I could see is (1) Wright pitches tonight and on Saturday, (2) Wright goes to the minors after Saturday's game, (3) Gallardo pitches Sunday, (3) Ubaldo pitches tomorrow and next Tuesday. That's a far more likely scenario.

I meant Buck was putting some competition out there. I meant it was currently undecided.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I meant Buck was putting some competition out there. I meant it was currently undecided.

Gotcha now. It's certainly the case that Gallardo being in doesn't necessarily mean Ubaldo is the one who's out.

I sure hope Gallardo is an improvement over whoever he replaces.

Gotcha now. It's certainly the case that Gallardo being in doesn't necessarily mean Ubaldo is the one who's out.

I sure hope Gallardo is an improvement over whoever he replaces.

My gut (hope it is wrong) tells me Ubaldo is better. We will see....I am not watching that game:) I say that..but I probably will because I can't stay away..LOL.

I have a hard time believing they would give any advance sign of who is pitching Sunday without knowing how both Ubaldo and Gallardo pitch tomorrow.

Good call.

Gallardo is pitching for AAA-Norfolk tonight.

He came in throwing 85 after an entire off season. Hoping one month will get him good to go is fools gold. I hope I'm wrong but I think we'll get the same pitcher we had early in the year. Which means this year and next year, we are paying a lot of money for nothing.

He came in throwing 85 after an entire off season. Hoping one month will get him good to go is fools gold. I hope I'm wrong but I think we'll get the same pitcher we had early in the year. Which means this year and next year, we are paying a lot of money for nothing.
Forgive me, but I don't believe this.

We really need Gallardo to come in and at least be average. If he can give them 5-6 innings per start and keep his ERA from here on out under 4.25, shoot, I'd dance a jig.

Has anyone heard where he's at velocity-wise in his rehab starts so far?

Last year he was at 93-94 max. Usually sitting at 91.

If he's still 87-88, we have a problem.

On the bright side, unlike Ubaldo Gallardo does know how to pitch.

There is at least some chance he can survive as a #5 if he can stay healthy.

Of course it is tough to make the playoffs with a #2, a #3, 3 #5's and an Ubaldo.

Of course at best he is still a 5 inning guy.

Yea that makes perfect sense given he is set to pitch in a AAA game tomorrow afternoon.

I strongly doubt they'll make him have a 3rd rehab start..........let's just hope he doesn't get bombed I guess.

He's not necessarily pitching for the stats in a AAA rehab start.

On the bright side, unlike Ubaldo Gallardo does know how to pitch.

That's kind of a snarky statement about a guy who has won 100+ major league games and has an ERA+ of 105 over a long career. Ubaldo knows how to pitch, he just can't do it right now.

That's kind of a snarky statement about a guy who has won 100+ major league games and has an ERA+ of 105 over a long career. Ubaldo knows how to pitch, he just can't do it right now.

I disagree.

I think he is a thrower not a pitcher.

I've not seen much evidence that he is skilled in the art of pitching, which to me, begins with being able to command your pitches.

But way to site pitching wins!

I'm sure you made some friends among the small ball crowd.

I disagree.

I think he is a thrower not a pitcher.

I've not seen much evidence that he is skilled in the art of pitching, which to me, begins with being able to command your pitches.

But way to site pitching wins!

I'm sure you made some friends among the small ball crowd.

I would add to your statement with: And able to REPEAT YOUR DELIVERY.

Archived