Updates on Hunter Harvey

Norfolk orioles

24 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

I'm not going to look at how every organization ranked him at what particular time, but...

You are correct that Bundy got more hype, and you're wrong that Gausman got more hype than Harvey.  If anything, Harvey got more hype than Gausman.  To say he got much less hype than Gausman is ridiculous.   

Look at it like this. In 2014, Boston wanted Ed Rod, who was a top 50-75 prospect at the time, for Andrew Miller. 

Boston wanted Harvey for Lester. 

Harvey was untouchable pre TJ. 

26 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

I'm not going to look at how every organization ranked him at what particular time, but...

You are correct that Bundy got more hype, and you're wrong that Gausman got more hype than Harvey.  If anything, Harvey got more hype than Gausman.  To say he got much less hype than Gausman is ridiculous.   

Ridiculous? Gausman was taken #4 overall. I guess that means nothing to you? Regardless, I made myself pretty clear in follow-up posts that I was not trying to denigrate Harvey or down play expectations for him. I was making the point that the Orioles have drafted other pitchers that were legitimately though of has having "ace" potential in the recent past. 

39 minutes ago, Cumberbundy said:

Harvey was rated ahead of guys like Paxton. He had a lot of hype after he dominated in his first year. Harvey got a future curve rating of 70 by prospectus. 

Again, I was referring to the comment that the Orioles had ""finally" developed an ace in waiting." Not downplaying Harvey's hype. Poor choice of words by me in my initial post. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

Yes, ridiculous.  You said he got much less hype than Gausman.  If you said, less hype, it wouldn't have been a ridiculous comment.  I would have mildly disagreed with you.  But you said much less - making it a ridiculous comment.  

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

Yes, ridiculous.  You said he got much less hype than Gausman.  If you said, less hype, it wouldn't have been a ridiculous comment.  I would have mildly disagreed with you.  But you said much less - making it a ridiculous comment.  

Whatever. If you read my comments to other posters I admitted I misspoke and fully explained what I meant. I did not mean to send you and others down the parse every word to death route. 

1 minute ago, Ohfan67 said:

Whatever. If you read my comments to other posters I admitted I misspoke and fully explained what I meant. I did not mean to send you and others down the parse every word to death route. 

We're fine.  I simply responded to your post directed to me - where you asked me for clarification, and I gave it to you.  Sorry if I over-did it.             

1 hour ago, Ohfan67 said:

Again, I was referring to the comment that the Orioles had ""finally" developed an ace in waiting." Not downplaying Harvey's hype. Poor choice of words by me in my initial post. 

I certainly didn't mean to be argumentative I was just pointing out some notes on Harvey from scouts. A 70 curve ball & the 95-97 would give him a combination no one else on the roster has. If Harvey, Bundy, Gausman is the top 1-2-3 in the AL in 3 years it wouldn't be surprising. If all 3 are on the DL (list not pitcher) that wouldn't be surprising either. The fact that we have two guys who have shown ace upside in the bigs & Harvey looks as strong as he does is exciting. ?

5 hours ago, Ohfan67 said:

I don't mean to rain too hard on your parade, but Harvey is much less of a hyped prospect than Bundy and even Gausman were. He's also pitched less than 25 innings in the last three years. I am extremely happy that he is happy and his rehab assignments are going well, but the amount of hype based on overpowering a few short season minor leaguers seems a bit over the top.Harvey is no more of an ace in waiting than Bundy, Gausman, and even others were early in their minor league careers. 

Reluctantly, I agree.    Great that Harvey is dominating at Aberdeen, but he was an all-star for Delmarva in 2014.    He's still got great potential but we have no idea how he'll do above the lower levels.    I'm literally praying he is who we hope him to be.   

18 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Reluctantly, I agree.    Great that Harvey is dominating at Aberdeen, but he was an all-star for Delmarva in 2014.    He's still got great potential but we have no idea how he'll do above the lower levels.    I'm literally praying he is who we hope him to be.   

Maybe in 2019 he makes it to the majors.

o

I don't know if this has been posted before, but this is Harvey striking out Aaron Judge in May of 2014.

The announcer mentions that Trey Mancini and Mike Yastrzemski are in the game for the IronBirds, also.

o

o

9 OUTS: ) 4 Strikeouts, 2 Groundouts, 2 Lineouts, 1 Flyout

HUNTER LUKE HARVEY )))))) (vs. Regular-A Hickory, 8/22)

IP:llll 3

H:lllll 0 )) 

R:lllll 0

BB:lll1

SO:lll4

Pitches: )l 41 )(29 )Strikes, )12 )Balls)

2017 ERA: )l 0.00 )l(Regular-A Delmarva)

2017 WHIP: )l 0.333 )l(Regular-A Delmarva) )  3.00 IP  (1 H/BB)

2017 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .000 )l(Regular-A Delmarva)  (0 for 9)

PITCHES BY INNING

11 ll(91 llStrikes, ll2 llBalls)

12 ll(91 llStrikes, ll3 llBalls)

18 ll(11 llStrikes, ll7 llBalls)

o

• Like 1