Why T.J over Worley?

O's84

Intersting points being made but I still feel we should have gone to Worley. In anycase I think we can all agree that our SP needs to get better soon and hopefully Ubaldo can turn it around and Gallardo can come back and pitch acceptably at least. Letting Gonzo go is looking like another mistake. Whatever happens I will continue to cheer on my O's!

Intersting points being made but I still feel we should have gone to Worley. In anycase I think we can all agree that our SP needs to get better soon and hopefully Ubaldo can turn it around and Gallardo can come back and pitch acceptably at least. Letting Gonzo go is looking like another mistake. Whatever happens I will continue to cheer on my O's!

The O's have three guys right now in the pen that can go two, maybe three innings on a given day.

Pull everyone that isn't Tillman and Gausman after five (as a general rule) and put one of Vanimal, Bundy or TJ in to pitch the 6-7th (8th).

But why would it be more winnable? The O's were tied and then had the lead. Do really think Ubaldo against the Jays is going to have better chance then being tied and then having the lead in the 6th?

T.j. Was the guy because he has not pitched in a game since the 5th so you can't never pitch him and expect good results. I am sure before the game T.J was told he would be guy if they needed a guy before the 8th. Buck likes letting his pitchers know before the game when they will likely be used. Same thing with Matt I would bet he told him this morning he would get a full day unless an emergency. The players love playing for him for that reason. The way McFarland and Dunesing pitch would not have mattered. Brian is not the answer he has looked awful so far.

But why would it be more winnable? The O's were tied and then had the lead. Do really think Ubaldo against the Jays is going to have better chance then being tied and then having the lead in the 6th?

I don't. I'm just saying that Buck managed this game as though he had already decided that and wasn't going to change his approach even though we went ahead. I don't know how else to understand his decisions.

Guessing Buck wrote off this game because Brach and Givens were unavailable. So he threw McFarland and his awfulness against righties to the wolves just to eat innings. Would explain Duensing facing righties just to get work.

Overall more pathetic pitching from Wright and the C squad.

He's saving Vanimal in case he needs to get five innings out of him tomorrow.

If Tillman was going tomorrow you would have seen Worley.

I think you're right C of C. Here's a question for you. When will Show realize McFarland is not a big league pitcher?

Every time I check the White Sox box scores and see how well Gonzo is doing, it makes me sick. What was the reasoning in letting Gonzo go? We sure could use him right now.

Man, this having to assume 3/5 starters are probably going to go up in flames by the 5th or 6th is going to get old quick. Already is, in fact.

I know this team is still playing near- .600 ball, but it just feels like when Wright, Wilson, or Ubaldo start there is like a 75 percent chance we are going to lose unless the the offense goes off.

I know the numbers don't bear this out but it is just what I feel on those days.

You're not crazy. We are drastically over-performing with a staff this bad. We will fall to earth without better starting pitching.

Sadly, I still think Toronto wins the East barring injuries, hope I am wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived