Is Odrisamer Despaigne the answer to the awfulness that is Ubaldo and Wright?

LookitsPuck

3.59 ERA in AAA, 7.6 SO/9, 2.9 BB/9, 0.3 HR/9 and a 1.404 WHIP.

He's on the 40 man roster. Has major league experience. Last 5 starts in Norfolk: 27 2/3 IP, 5 ER, 23 SO, 8 BB, 26 H for a 1.63 ERA, 1.23 WHIP, 7.5 SO/9 and 2.6 BB/9.

No, he's not going to be great. But he might OK. And I'd imagine anything better than awful is a step up from Ubaldo. What say you?

There needs to be other moves made as well. Particularly adding arm to the bullpen, getting rid of Duensing and sending McFarland to the minors...unless you only bring McFarland in for mop up duty (I guess?).

Do you want to trot Ubaldo's 2.000 WHIP out there? There is no impact starting depth in this organization. And we have no depth to trade without completely crippling the organization further.

Of course not. I want the Orioles to put Worley and Gallardo in the rotation in place of Wright and Jimenez. But this Despaigne guy is not the answer. He had atrocious numbers pitching in cavernous Petco Park. What makes you think he'll do any better pitching against AL East lineups at Camden Yards?

I'm not convinced Worley is a better starter than Despaigne. Not saying much, I get it. And I'm very pessimistic about Gallardo. Very.

There are no good options, that's the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gallardo has a big start tonight in Norfolk. If he goes at least 5 inning and pitched well he will be back in the rotation on Saturday. That means someone in the rotation goes. Probably Wright gets optioned.

I see no reason not to promote Despaigne. 1.63 ERA over his last 5 games. Heck, what else can you ask him to do? People are worried about what his did last year for the Padres. How about what his did in 2014?

I think Ubaldo goes to the pen. However there is a pot hole in the parking lot with this name on it. Duensing gets DFA'd is my guess.

Its time for some changes to the rotation.

At this point why not see what he can do. I thought Gallardo was coming back on the 18th but he will have to pitch the 17th if Despaigne is recalled. Don't see how the Orioles can pitch Wright or Ubaldo vs Toronto.

Forget it, I see Gallardo pitches tonight.

Archived