O's after a travel day

kelsey59

I should qualify this by say I haven't gone back and looked it up. Maybe someone can find a way to do it rather quickly.

But it appears the O's usually lose after a travel day, be it going somewhere or going back home. Of course one could ask are they worse or better then other teams.

The reason I bring it up is that I just knew they would lose the last two days because of the travel.

So far, O's are 7-10 following travel. (Does not include opening day) Two of their losses followed travel AND an off day, so count that however you want.

By comparison, Red Sox are 8-7, Blue Jays 9-9. Seems to me that aside from the highly unusual demands imposed by the one-off trip to Texas, there's a whole lotta nothing to see here. Wouldn't surprise me if there was a very small league-wide effect on winning pct when only one team is coming off travel, though.

So far, O's are 7-10 following travel. (Does not include opening day) Two of their losses followed travel AND an off day, so count that however you want.

By comparison, Red Sox are 8-7, Blue Jays 9-9. Seems to me that aside from the highly unusual demands imposed by the one-off trip to Texas, there's a whole lotta nothing to see here. Wouldn't surprise me if there was a very small league-wide effect on winning pct when only one team is coming off travel, though.

I think something to look specifically at would be travel following a night game, where you don't get in until 5 or 6 AM. I noticed back in April, and started a thread, that the Orioles had more such games on the schedule than any of our division opponents. And the Texas re-schedule added another.

I think there could definitely be am effect in those situations, though the Pirates just beat Bumgarner Monday 1-0 in such a setup (I wonder if starter Locke was sent ahead of the team, as he was obviously the main reason they won).

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

WOW, thank you. I guess it is one of those instances where you start thinking about something and you only see what agrees with your thought.

Archived