vs. Mariners 7/2

weams

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before they strand 3 runners with the bases loaded and one out, I told my wife I'm gonna go play my guitar for awhile and to call me if a fight breaks out or something.

Oops, I see they scored one. Maybe I'll hang tight for one more out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its games like these (esp with Oklahoma Football) that I like to remind myself of my dads favorite saying:

Loyalty knows NO score////////

BTW, Im going to punch my dad in the nose when I see him in Heaven. He is the reason Im a sports fan

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I’d like to see him get back to basics and start going to LF more and let the power come naturally.   Somewhere along the line I think he started selling out for more power and it led to a lot of bad habits.  The exaggerated leg kick, opening up to soon,  rolling over pitches and pull grounders to 2B, not covering the plate, etc. There is 2023 video of him employing a more normal leg lift or none at all, being more direct to the pitcher, and driving a lot of balls to LF.   I haven’t seen that hitter this year in MLB or at Norfolk.   He changed his stance a little and modified the leg kick since he went down.  Hopefully, he stops trying to be Gunnar Henderson and gets back to being Jackson Holliday.
    • Right.  I don’t think the Orioles are clamoring for him at the moment.  
    • Since Driveline, I've changed to thinking of 100 IP/season as a length pitcher cutoff.     A bunch get babied there. Irvin's ERA shines if you use the Past 1 Calendar Years split on FG. Current Orioles are 4th, 10th, 12th and 24th by that measure with Grayson the laggard about to get to flush his Memorial Day meltdown from 2023.
    • Jackson’s had a tough week but overall his metrics still look very strong across the board. He has only shown two real weaknesses in AAA.  First, a 33% whiff rate against pitches 95 mph or higher vs AAA average of 26%. Second, a 50% ground ball rate vs  AAA average of 43%. I think Elias will prioritize Holliday looking good against high velocity as a prerequisite for a call-up.
    • He seems like a guy who will get a cup of coffee some time.  
    • Maybe.  I’m pretty sure it won’t be the Orioles though.  
    • That was a truly awful call.  As I’ve mentioned a few times, umps are actually pretty good (97% accurate) at calling true strikes as strikes.  So, it’s particularly brutal when an ump misses one by so much.   Still, Kremer’s job after that was to get a lousy hitter out with a 1-2 count.  Not to throw a non-competitive 1-2 ball and then groove a pitch for a homer.  I was furious with Diaz at the time but the more I thought about it, that was still very poor by Kremer in that situation.  Can’t lose focus like that.    
  • Popular Contributors