Would the Indians be interested in Trumbo?

Dark Helmet

I don't want to trade Trumbo. But to keep trotting out guys like Wilson/Wright/Jimenez is rediculous and a bad idea also. You either have to trade from the major league club or deplete the farm more. If we can get a #3 or 4 SP without doing that, then great. If not, I'd rather trade a guy who won't be here next year anyhow.

So trade guys who have less short term value and more long term value. Trumbo makes no sense. Kim, Britton, Brach, Schoop. Not that I am advocating this, but the only way we get an upgrade this year is if we trade prospects or controlled players from the 25 man roster who have long term value. Otherwise we will just be treading water. Trumbo just makes zero sense from an Orioles perspective and from the perspective of likely trade partners. I don't understand why people keep pushing this.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So trade guys who have less short term value and more long term value. Trumbo makes no sense. Kim, Britton, Brach, Schoop. Not that I am advocating this, but the only way we get an upgrade this year is if we trade prospects or controlled players from the 25 man roster who have long term value. Otherwise we will just be treading water. Trumbo just makes zero sense from an Orioles perspective and from the perspective of likely trade partners. I don't understand why people keep pushing this.
And to think, most folks in favor would like Cruz back.

I guess you missed when I said I'm against trading Trumbo, but you have to either trade from your MLB team or the farm. You can't have it both ways unless you actually spend the money on what you need in free agency. And everyone knew SP was going to be an area of concern. Trading the guys you mentioned doesn't make much sense either. Since they can still help the team multiple years.

I guess you missed when I said I'm against trading Trumbo, but you have to either trade from your MLB team or the farm. You can't have it both ways unless you actually spend the money on what you need in free agency. And everyone knew SP was going to be an area of concern. Trading the guys you mentioned doesn't make much sense either. Since they can still help the team multiple years.

You said "I don't want to trade Trumbo but..." I took that to mean you were actually in support of trading Trumbo in the way that I don't want to pay $20K but that is the cost of a new car. You then said we have to do something to address starting pitching, and if you trade from the 25 it might as well be someone who is not here next year. Who else are you talking about? And why would any trade partner (most likely a team that is not in contention) want someone who is not under team control?

I wanted Cruz back. And much like Cruz, Trumbo won't be back.

You got Cruz back. Except he has a more pale complexion, plays defense a little better, currently has more home runs, and his name is actually Trumbo. And now you want to trade him for pitching?

You said "I don't want to trade Trumbo but..." I took that to mean you were actually in support of trading Trumbo in the way that I don't want to pay $20K but that is the cost of a new car. You then said we have to do something to address starting pitching, and if you trade from the 25 it might as well be someone who is not here next year. Who else are you talking about? And why would any trade partner (most likely a team that is not in contention) want someone who is not under team control?

And after "but" I said it seems the Orioles are willing to trade Trumbo. If they are willing to discuss him, what's the problem discussing possible options. And last I checked, the Indians are leading their division. Where did I suggest Trumbo going to a non-contender? A three team trade is also possible.

You got Cruz back. Except he has a more pale complexion, plays defense a little better, currently has more home runs, and his name is actually Trumbo. And now you want to trade him for pitching?

The Orioles SP was good the year Cruz was here. This year, not so much. It's funny, some people were upset giving up Steve "frickin" Clevenger for Trumbo.

The Orioles SP was good the year Cruz was here. This year, not so much. It's funny, some people were upset giving up Steve "frickin" Clevenger for Trumbo.

Orioles SP during Dan Duquette era:

2012: 4.42

2013: 4.57

2014: 3.61

2015: 4.53

2016: 5.14

Pretty brutal numbers aside from 2014, of course.

Hence my statement. Why trade Trumbo? It's a ridiculous and bad idea

Sent from Neverneverland using James Hetfield's voice

Has anyone brought up the Oakland-Cespedes comparison yet?

I think this lineup would be take a serious blow w/o Trumbo. More because of someone else having to pick up the slack and the fact that Trumbo has productive at bats for the most part

Has anyone brought up the Oakland-Cespedes comparison yet?

I think this lineup would be take a serious blow w/o Trumbo. More because of someone else having to pick up the slack and the fact that Trumbo has productive at bats for the most part

I mean, I'll take 11, 7-inning starts at a 2.35 ERA from whatever pitcher Trumbo gets us.

Here is an interesting question, who has a better 2nd half. Trumbo or Alvarez?

Archived