2016 Trade Deadline Thread (Done)

Rene88

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So Wade Miley, Steve Pearce and Ondrusek. Didn't give up much in the long run. So farm system lives to see another day. Think we're better today then we were yesterday.

I do hate that the Rangers are getting Beltran right before we play them, though.

And Lucroy. And Jeffriss.

Pearce traded somewhere.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Duquette on Pearce: Gives us another veteran, gives depth because he can play so many positions, allows us to maybe carry extra P <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a></p>— MLB Network Radio (@MLBNetworkRadio) <a href="

">August 1, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thinking about it, do we even have the roster flexibility for a LOOGY? Not with Ubaldo.

Easily. Even if you accept that they're sticking with Ubaldo, Despaigne and Wilson are expendable with the addition of Miley. Worley presumably goes back to the longman role, making those two relatively unnecessary. Especially Despaigne, who's never been very good and is reverting to form after a decent couple months.

I bet Flaherty gets optioned.

Reimold, I think, because Reimold can't do anything except play in the outfield. Pearce can do that and fill in some at 1B if needed. Flaherty is needed as infield backup but could play in the outfield in a pinch and I think he is also the emergency catcher. Reimold can't.

Archived