Hyun-Soo Kim's Injury

OFFNY

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we do have to DL him, who do we bring up? Dariel Alvarez has been up and would make sense, but is another righthanded bat. Might we add Yaz to the 40 man (we made room with Hale) and give him a big league opportunity? Urrutia is already on the 40, and hitting a bit at Bowie, but was obviously already demoted this year and I don't get the impression we seriously view him as an option. Avery or Walker could be options, too. Finally, we already carry enough OF (Jones, Trumbo, Rickard, and Reimold), so perhaps we bring up another infielder or just use the spot for additional pitching.

I kind of think we'd like to give Yaz a look for a few weeks if Kim is DL, but who knows.

If we do have to DL him, who do we bring up? Dariel Alvarez has been up and would make sense, but is another righthanded bat. Might we add Yaz to the 40 man (we made room with Hale) and give him a big league opportunity? Urrutia is already on the 40, and hitting a bit at Bowie, but was obviously already demoted this year and I don't get the impression we seriously view him as an option. Avery or Walker could be options, too. Finally, we already carry enough OF (Jones, Trumbo, Rickard, and Reimold), so perhaps we bring up another infielder or just use the spot for additional pitching.

I kind of think we'd like to give Yaz a look for a few weeks if Kim is DL, but who knows.

I'd go with Avery over Yaz. Avery has had a better AAA season and has MLB experience. But I see Rickard getting most of the starts.

I'd go with Avery over Yaz. Avery has had a better AAA season and has MLB experience. But I see Rickard getting most of the starts.

What's the current thoughts on Avery's D? Didn't he used to be a speed guy who didn't play quite as well as you would think? I like his OBP ability above average. Wouldn't mind seeing him up here for a brief stint if Kim needs to rest.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hyun Soo Kim will run tomorrow and <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> will decide if he needs to go on DL and rehab in Sarasota</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">July 16, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived