Donnie Hart

canonfaz

8 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

(vs. BRAVES, 6/23)

Hart faced 4 batters, and did not record any outs.

3 Hits (1 Double, 2 Singles), and 1 Walk.

15 Pitches )(9 )Strikes, )6 )Balls.)

o

Donnie is not much of an MLB pitcher. He lost his deception somehow. 

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...
7 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

There’s a reason Hart is still around. No options. Down year. LOOGY. 

I’ve been saying this... I think he’s going to be. LH “Opener”. 

I think Hart, Wright and Susac are on the roster because though they are all out of options they have never been outrighted.  If any of them stay on the 40 man roster until opening day the O's can outright them when other teams rosters are fill and if they clear waivers they have to accept an assignment to AAA.

However all three are vulnerable as the O's add FAs in Feb and March.

18 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

The only way Hart should be associated with an “opener” is if he needs to get into a can of beans.

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Not sure about Hart but I've been thinking they might go with an opener 2 out of the 5 rotation starts unless they sign a cheap SP or 2 on the rebound and can maybe flip them at the trade deadline. Castro, Ramirez, Yacabonis, Hess are decent options. 

One thing I always come back to with Hart is that since his struggles really came on in August of 2017, he was optioned and recalled 11 times!  He has been probably the most shuttled player of DD's AAA shuttle strategy.  I felt he faced way too many RH hitters in 2017 as well.  Unfortunately, he was lit up by both lefties and righties (still facing too many RH hitters) last year, but again, what does 11 up and down trips between MLB at AAA do to a player's confidence?

I believe Hart will bounce back well this year if used in a true LOOGY role.  He only has one year of service time under his belt even though he has been up and down for the past 3 seasons.  5 more years of control, he could either be.a part of the team when they win again or trade bait if he does turn it around.

1 minute ago, ScGO's said:

One thing I always come back to with Hart is that since his struggles really came on in August of 2017, he was optioned and recalled 11 times!  He has been probably the most shuttled player of DD's AAA shuttle strategy.  I felt he faced way too many RH hitters in 2017 as well.  Unfortunately, he was lit up by both lefties and righties (still facing too many RH hitters) last year, but again, what does 11 up and down trips between MLB at AAA do to a player's confidence?

I believe Hart will bounce back well this year if used in a true LOOGY role.  He only has one year of service time under his belt even though he has been up and down for the past 3 seasons.  5 more years of control, he could either be.a part of the team when they win again or trade bait if he does turn it around.

Bad teams don’t get Loogys. 

33 minutes ago, terphoopsfan said:

Not sure about Hart but I've been thinking they might go with an opener 2 out of the 5 rotation starts unless they sign a cheap SP or 2 on the rebound and can maybe flip them at the trade deadline. Castro, Ramirez, Yacabonis, Hess are decent options. 

Cobb, Bundy, Cashner and Hess don't need openers.   Maybe the 5th starter could use an opener.

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

Hess don't need openers.   Maybe the 5th starter could use an opener.

Hess stats thru the lineup are interesting as he acutally pitched better the 2nd time around thru. He just doesn't have the stuff or K% to be more than a spot starter or reliever.

3.95/.266/.326/.506- 1st

3.43/.230/.318/.397- 2nd

9.30/.299/.371/.612- 3rd

Archived