Donnie Hart

canonfaz

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hart could just be for the TB series or until he pitches and then we call someone else up if need be. Norfolk shuttle in full effect. I really wouldn't mind seeing Miranda make a spot start against the Yankees LH lineup.

No need to watch the AAA or AA all star games to see our players. We've seen the entire 40 man roster this year in the MLB pretty much. Everyone except for Urrutia, Lee and Bridwell. Bridwell and Lee are hurt or rehabbing.

We've used 21 pitchers so far. Hart will be 22.

I think you're right about the shuttle. Though I'd think they'd want Hart against NY.

Dan made it sound like O'Day wasn't being activated anytime soon. Hopefully he comes back within a week or two, he is missed for sure.

I think you are correct. I don't think O'Day goes anywhere but a rehab assignment eventually.

As long as Buck uses him responsibly and not like Matusz, i.e. letting Matusz face nearly as many righties as lefties, I'm all for it.

As a practical matter, all so-called LOOGY's end up seeing RHB nearly half the time, sometimes more. According to a study by Dave Schoenfield, of LH relievers who threw at least 80 IP from 2011-13, only six of 49 faced lefty hitters more than 50% of the time. Only one (Randy Choate) saw LHB more than 58% of the time. http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/43004/how-often-do-loogys-get-matchup-edge

Remember, sometimes these guys are pitching in games that are out of hand, sometimes they are in a situation where 2 of the first 3 hitters coming up are lefties, sometimes they are pitching in extra innings when the team is running out of pitchers, etc. There are lots of situations where a LOOGY will need to see some RHB for the good of the team, even though they are vulnerable.

Matusz saw lefties 54% of the time in 2013, 50% in 2014, 52% in 2015. That undoubtedly puts him near the top of the list for LHB% in those years.

Sounds like a short term promotion. I would think Tolliver is ahead of him of the depth chart. Tolliver is just out because of the birth of his son. Tolliver goes to AAA and pitches well he could be promoted.

Be interesting to see if Hart goes to Norfolk when he is sent down. Phillips and Omos are both lefties relievers at Norfolk. Hart needed to be put on the 40 man roster this off season or be exposed to the Rules 5 draft.

I don't know about his delivery; it's more of a true sidearm. I am surprised they haven't tried to get him to drop down more.

I can see where it's deceptive for LH hitters, but I think RH hitters are going to get a really good view.

We've seen some LH relievers this year.

Miranda

Mac

Tolliver

Duensing

Aqunio

Hart

Matusz

IMO Miranda is the best of the bunch. If we had our rotation figured out he would be our 2nd LH in the pen.

TB could possibly have a starting lineup with 4 lefties in it. Morrison, Miller, Dickerson and O.Arcia.

The NYY will have Gardner, Ellsbury, McCann, Gregorious. With SH's Beltran, Tex, Headley and Hicks. Yankees as a team have a .680 OPS vs LH SP. Would be a great time to start Miranda.

I think you are correct. I don't think O'Day goes anywhere but a rehab assignment eventually.

He hasn't thrown off a mound yet, to my knowledge.

Heard he threw off level ground Sunday.

I think still at least a week away, probably more.

He'll be good and fresh to be a workhorse for the last two months, that's for sure.

Archived