What an uplifting series

Frobby

I'm not going to lie, this was a series I was nervous about, given Cleveland's starting pitching and overall good team, and the fact that our offense has been slumping. To get three great starts, some timely homers, some hustle plays that scored runs and kept innings alive, and see O'Day return in dominant fashion today really psyched me up!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not going to lie, this was a series I was nervous about, given Cleveland's starting pitching and overall good team, and the fact that our offense has been slumping. To get three great starts, some timely homers, some hustle plays that scored runs and kept innings alive, and see O'Day return in dominant fashion today really psyched me up!

I said the same somewhere else. I was scared coming into this series. Cleveland is a good damn team.

Apparently we are too. :D

Tillman

Gausman

Bundy [OD]

Gallardo

Worley

I actually like this rotation quite a bit (and not just because of the sweep). I would hate to give up any prospects for seemingly only slight improvement to these 5.

Hopefully Tyler Wilson can get back to where he was earlier in the year and give us some length in the bullpen.

And would love to see Ubaldo shipped off to SD for anybody.

In other news Caleb Joseph is not very good at all. Defensively he throws runners out quite well still but overall his defense is pretty poor. And he can't hit at all. When Wieters leaves next year, it's going to suck having Caleb as our every day.

I'd still like somebody like Cashner to give us another option. The starting pitching is very thin, and Worley is probably best used out of the pen since two of our other four starters are limited in how many innings they can go. I want our bullpen to be at full strength going into October if we are fortunate enough to get to the postseason.

Amazing what good starting pitching can do.

Can we really improve on this rotation without giving up a ton:

Tillman

Gausman

Bundy [OD]

Gallardo

Worley

Nope.

But I wouldn't mind a shot in the dark starting caliber pitcher for a shot in the dark, not highly touted prospect. Just in case.

We really took it to their starters. Quite impressive. The roster is not quite where it needs to be for the stretch run, but we're getting there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thankfully we got their 4-5-1 instead of 1-2-3. Both Bauer and Tomlin have overperformed this season and we saw why.

Still, a tremendous accomplishment.

In other news Caleb Joseph is not very good at all. Defensively he throws runners out quite well still but overall his defense is pretty poor. And he can't hit at all. When Wieters leaves next year, it's going to suck having Caleb as our every day.

Maybe. But I can't help but notice how good our pitchers looked this last time through the rotation with Caleb catching them.

Coincidence?

A tremendous shot in the arm coming on the heels of the NY series. Beating the top team in the AL, reclaiming 1st place in the AL East. A good piece of work the team should be proud of. The bats woke up at the same time the young arms stepped it up a notch. And coming home with these sweet Palmer jerseys was the icing on the cake. Some folks ahead of us as we approached Pratt ...3ebf9fcf58662273b40cd696cb42604d.jpg

Great sweep by the Orioles.

I'm glad that the Orioles did not have to overuse their bullpen by playing an extra inning game.

Further, I hope that they address the mental breakdown by Machado on the base paths in the eighth inning.

Not only was he aware of the count on Chris Davis, the isolated camera of the play showed him having a poor ( IMO) secondary lead.

There really is no excuse for this type of metal mistake by Machado and perhaps more importantly Wayne Kirby. ( Who should have been screaming for Machado to get back to the base.)

Archived