What an uplifting series

Frobby

Great sweep by the Orioles.

I'm glad that the Orioles did not have to overuse their bullpen by playing an extra inning game.

Further, I hope that they address the mental breakdown by Machado on the base paths in the eighth inning.

Not only was he aware of the count on Chris Davis, the isolated camera of the play showed him having a poor ( IMO) secondary lead.

There really is no excuse for this type of metal mistake by Machado and perhaps more importantly Wayne Kirby. ( Who should have been screaming for Machado to get back to the base.)

What about Davis, he didn't even know the count and flipped his bat away.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What about Davis' date=' he didn't even know the count and flipped his bat away.[/quote']

The only reason it had an impact on the play was because Machado and Kirby either forgot or were unaware of the count.

Also, Machado should have been running on a 3-2 pitch with two outs.

The fact that he was not running on the pitch and did not retreat to the bag after ball three puts most of the onus on him and Kirby IMO.

Great sweep by the Orioles.

I'm glad that the Orioles did not have to overuse their bullpen by playing an extra inning game.

Further, I hope that they address the mental breakdown by Machado on the base paths in the eighth inning.

Not only was he aware of the count on Chris Davis, the isolated camera of the play showed him having a poor ( IMO) secondary lead.

There really is no excuse for this type of metal mistake by Machado and perhaps more importantly Wayne Kirby. ( Who should have been screaming for Machado to get back to the base.)

How do you know he wasn't? Manny made a mistake. I am sure Buck will address

it with Manny. You ought to think your lucky stars that Manny plays for the O's.

I'd still like somebody like Cashner to give us another option. The starting pitching is very thin, and Worley is probably best used out of the pen since two of our other four starters are limited in how many innings they can go.

Bundy and who else?

I can't imagine Gausman having any sort of innings limit.

it with Manny. You ought to think your lucky stars that Manny plays for the O's.

Where did I say that I did not want Machado playing for the Orioles?

I'm pointing out a pretty big mental mistake by a guy who quite frankly has been pretty lax on the base paths this season.

o

Every game and every series scares me, unless the Orioles are in 1st place by at least 5 or more games.

So this sweep of the team that had previously claimed the best record in the American League (the Indians) was greatly uplifting for me.

Just the look on his face after that play said it all. It's the "I'm going to get reamed when my parents find out" look, so Buck will address it.

The only reason it had an impact on the play was because Machado and Kirby either forgot or were unaware of the count.

Also, Machado should have been running on a 3-2 pitch with two outs.

There was only 1 out when it happened (Machado was the 2nd out).

But I agree Kirby should have been saying something.

There was only 1 out when it happened (Machado was the 2nd out).

But I agree Kirby should have been saying something.

You're right, because Davis did wind up with a walk IIRC.

( Alright,I was confused as well.)

Last I'll say about all of this is great sweep by a resilient team.

Definitely Davis fooled us all and for a millisecond made us all question our reality.

I think it was more on Davis.He flipped his bat and Manny started moving towards second. Cleveland made a few mistakes.Was a little slow on the Alvarez almost DP.The catcher just flinging the ball to first on the Alvarez strikeout and not making a lane to throw the ball.The Orioles seem to get the luck and play well at home.

Bundy and who else?

I can't imagine Gausman having any sort of innings limit.

Yes, Gallardo. He's shown pretty consistently that he's done after five innings. I want Worley to help fill in for those guys. I'm not sold on Despaigne as a reliable option in that role. I don't value Cashner that highly, but I do think we need another starter, anyone who is better than Wright or Wilson is of value to us.

Archived