What an uplifting series

Frobby

Yes, Gallardo. He's shown pretty consistently that he's done after five innings. I want Worley to help fill in for those guys. I'm not sold on Despaigne as a reliable option in that role. I don't value Cashner that highly, but I do think we need another starter, anyone who is better than Wright or Wilson is of value to us.

Wright could eat an inning, like the 6th.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Amazing what good starting pitching can do.

Can we really improve on this rotation without giving up a ton:

Tillman

Gausman

Bundy [OD]

Gallardo

Worley

In my mind it isn't a question of whether we can improve that rotation. It's a question of whether that 5-some can perform well and stay healthy for the next 2 months.

Definitely one of our best series wins of the season. This was a different Indians team than the one we beat up on in May. Big sweep of one of the hottest teams in baseball. Along with LAD we are starting to get some impressive series wins on our resume, not just MIN and TB.

I'm not going to lie, this was a series I was nervous about, given Cleveland's starting pitching and overall good team, and the fact that our offense has been slumping. To get three great starts, some timely homers, some hustle plays that scored runs and kept innings alive, and see O'Day return in dominant fashion today really psyched me up!

Who were those pitcher's we sent out there been looking for those guys all season. ;)

OMG I feel like a REAL contender. :laughlol:

I just hope we don't end up on the receiving end of a MacPhail prospect heist like he did for us all those years ago
Dan's a smart guy too. I wouldn't worry. I mean he picked up Despaigne, Worley, Kim, and Rickard. Who knew?

Yes, Gallardo. He's shown pretty consistently that he's done after five innings. I want Worley to help fill in for those guys. I'm not sold on Despaigne as a reliable option in that role. I don't value Cashner that highly, but I do think we need another starter, anyone who is better than Wright or Wilson is of value to us.

Cashner will give us another guy to start, but won't provide much more length than would Wright or Wilson, IMO. His "good" starts last 5-6 innings, and his longest start this year is 6 1/3. Not surprisingly, he has tended to go longer in his Petco starts.

Cashner will give us another guy to start, but won't provide much more length than would Wright or Wilson, IMO. His "good" starts last 5-6 innings, and his longest start this year is 6 1/3. Not surprisingly, he has tended to go longer in his Petco starts.

Actually, recently except for the two inning deal when his neck was hurt, he's had some length. But I do see your point.

I didn't. I know Bedard at the time is better than Hellickson, but I still think that MacPhail could pull something off. I can't explain it, he just gives me the hebegebes.

Jim Palmer, you might remember him, said when Bedard was traded, that Bedard was one of the best LHP that the Orioles had ever had.

Archived