TT: The Orioles are going to the World Series

Tony-OH

Give us Sale and I would almost be surprised if we don't make it, and I think we would be a coin flip to beat Cubs or Giants. Sale-Tillman-Gausman-Bundy with our lineup, defense, and bullpen...

We don't have the horses to get Sale.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bundy would be the start of that deal no doubt.

Haha that was my thought as soon as I clicked the post button. Sigh. Still, Sale-Tillman-Gausman might still get us a ring. I am inclined to go for it. Sale has team friendly options for 2017, 18 and 19. Lefty. He is the perfect fit for our team. If we come up short, we could turn around and flip him for prospects to replace whomever we lost, like the Yankees have done with Chapman. I am normally in favor of playing the long game. But the point of playing the long game is to put you in position to go for the jugular. That time is now.

If Bundy/Sedlock/Cisco/Reyes is not enough to get Sale, then so be it. At least make the offer and put the pressure on Boston or whomever to match.

I would probably put Bundy in a package for Sale. But there probably isn't enough after him to do it. Then again it may not take as much with Bundy, I don't know.

Of course there is also the matter of Sale having the emotional maturity and fragility of a 10yo, which does give me pause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha that was my thought as soon as I clicked the post button. Sigh. Still, Sale-Tillman-Gausman might still get us a ring. I am inclined to go for it. Sale has team friendly options for 2017, 18 and 19. Lefty. He is the perfect fit for our team. If we come up short, we could turn around and flip him for prospects to replace whomever we lost, like the Yankees have done with Chapman. I am normally in favor of playing the long game. But the point of playing the long game is to put you in position to go for the jugular. That time is now.

If Bundy/Sedlock/Cisco/Reyes is not enough to get Sale, then so be it. At least make the offer and put the pressure on Boston or whomever to match.

We can't trade Sedlock this year anyway, since he was part of the 2016 draft class. And I am way too into Bundy to give him up. I have always been high on him; never lost hope for him (even with the freakish shoulder calcification last summer and the forearm issue last fall), and I've been relishing his progression this year. I'm a believer.

Team of destiny. Walkoff pitcher error. Don't see that very often.

No, you don't. But "team of destiny" doesn't necessarily get you where you need to go in the playoffs. We certainly had tons of "team of destiny" wins in 2012, but apparently our destiny was to lose to the Yankees in the playoffs.

Team of destiny. Walkoff pitcher error. Don't see that very often.

I prefer Oriole Magic, but I am old school. :)

Speaking of old school, pre play reviews by video tape in NY, that would not have been a HBP and man on 1st.

I know that was a bad throw, but the catcher dropped the ball, so shouldn't he be given the error.

No, you don't. But "team of destiny" doesn't necessarily get you where you need to go in the playoffs. We certainly had tons of "team of destiny" wins in 2012, but apparently our destiny was to lose to the Yankees in the playoffs.

Stop being wet blanket with your facts! lol

The playoffs are a crap shoot as you know. However, this team just seems better than the 2014 team that ended up losing to a red-hot Royals team. We have a better overall offense, and our bullpen is stronger because in 2014 we basically had the big three and guys I didn't trust. If the Orioles can get a strong left-handed reliever and possibly another starter, they are pretty set to make a deep run. Even if they don't, this team finds ways to win games and if Gallardo and Bundy can keep giving them 6 inning solid starts this team will be still be fine. I really want that extra starter and left-handed reliever though. Fernando Abad should be a target from Minnesota. He should be had fairly cheaply, like for a Christian Walker.

I would rather take my chances with Tilly, Gausman, Bundy, Gallardo and Worely, then to overspend for Feldman or some of the other SP that is out there.

I'm much more confident in our current five than I was a month ago. But it would still be a huge help to get another starting arm. I can't imagine it would take too much to get Hellickson from Philly. He should be our top target IMO.

I'm much more confident in our current five than I was a month ago. But it would still be a huge help to get another starting arm. I can't imagine it would take too much to get Hellickson from Philly. He should be our top target IMO.

With Andy in Philly, its going to take a good deal to get Hellickson.

Stop being wet blanket with your facts! lol

The playoffs are a crap shoot as you know. However, this team just seems better than the 2014 team that ended up losing to a red-hot Royals team. We have a better overall offense, and our bullpen is stronger because in 2014 we basically had the big three and guys I didn't trust. If the Orioles can get a strong left-handed reliever and possibly another starter, they are pretty set to make a deep run. Even if they don't, this team finds ways to win games and if Gallardo and Bundy can keep giving them 6 inning solid starts this team will be still be fine. I really want that extra starter and left-handed reliever though. Fernando Abad should be a target from Minnesota. He should be had fairly cheaply, like for a Christian Walker.

I agree this team has a better offense in 2014 (though slumping at the moment). I'd be hard-pressed to choose between the two bullpens. I'd certainly say the rotation was substantially better in 2014. Defensively, the 2014 team was better despite Manny's absence in the 2nd half.

I think this team is still evolving, and of course we'll have to see who's healthy at the end of the year. That 2014 team didn't have Manny, Wieters or Davis (suspension) for the playoffs. If the starting pitching stabilizes a bit now and we stay healthy, I might agree that this team is better equipped for a playoff run. But a lot can happen between now and then.

Archived