Luis...........Ouch!!!!

Mike B

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have not been a Luis Hernandez Basher but even on a day where he gets 2 hits....he fails to turn a double play and gets picked off, again. Bynum and Cintron should meet the team in KC. This can not go on a day longer. I understand this year is a rebuilding project but repeated mental mistakes are a pattern and not a learning curve.

This is the kind of performance we get out of the players after Trembley gives them a pep talk? We're in trouble people!

Let's see if DT continues to overlook the issues his pet has.

Hernandez isn't as good defensively as they thought(big surprise), he can't hit, isn't all that fast and, on top of that, doesn't seem to be an intelligent player and is a poor baserunner.

He has got to go. He is awful.

Where did all the L. Hernandez defenders go?

*crickets chirping*

Color me surprised. ;)

I've tried to defend him, but I can't do it anymore. It is time to put an end to this science experiment.

All players make mistakes - they're humans. Taken in isolation, some type of defense can be made for just about every mistake he's made (even getting picked off today can be weakly defended by pointing out that he certainly isn't the first Orioles player to be picked off in an important situation this year). But looked at together, he's just made too many mistakes. He obviously isn't a major leaguer.

I know it is almost modus operandi around here to place a lot of blame on him, but I prefer to place the blame on MacPhail and Trembley. It isn't as if he held a gun to their heads and demanded to be the Orioles SS this season. I said in November that I would be shocked if they went into this season with him as the starting SS, but they did. Why they didn't at least bring in a couple of minor league free agents is beyond me.

I'm still not convinced that they have any better options in house (and isn't that a sad commentary), but it is surely time to find out.

There is no question about that.

They have been in this game for a long time...They should have been able to figure out that he had no business being here.

*crickets chirping*

Color me surprised. ;)

Well, when a guy screws up, what's to defend?

It's pointless to mention how he's the favorite punching bag... right after he makes a mistake. No point in talking about who kept the rally going with 2 out in the 8th and then scored the go-ahead run. No point in talking about who all helped us lose the game either... about who struck out on 3 pitches with 2 RISP right after LH had scored the go ahead run, or about who made an E to put the tying run on right after that, or who gave up a walk-off dinger, or about the 5 guys who got less hits than he did, or about the various failures to hit with RISP, or etc. What's the point of doing that? All that's doing is bashing other guys, and I don't see how that helps anything. No point in doing that either. So, if you wanna bash LH, have at it. He screwed up, he earned it. Feel better?

*crickets chirping*

Color me surprised. ;)

Dude I am still here. He has proven to be less of the defensive player I thought he was. He obviously isnt ready. Let him spend one or two years in AA or AAA to see if he can resurect himself.

But I am still happy they traded Tejada and I dont want to trade any of our pitchers just yet. I want them to drive up their value by getting closer to the bigs. I am not in a hurry to make a SS trade.

Let the job be taken by Bynum or Cintron till the off-season and see what we can get.

Dude I am still here. He has proven to be less of the defensive player I thought he was. He obviously isnt ready. Let him spend one or two years in AA or AAA to see if he can resurect himself.

But I am still happy they traded Tejada and I dont want to trade any of our pitchers just yet. I want them to drive up their value by getting closer to the bigs. I am not in a hurry to make a SS trade.

Let the job be taken by Bynum or Cintron till the off-season and see what we can get.

So wait a minute...You mean that he isn't as good as 10-20 games showed you? No way!

So wait a minute...You mean that he isn't as good as 10-20 games showed you? No way!

Really what is the harm in seeing if he could of been the defensive guy we thought we had last year? I still think he could but apparently he ate alot this off season trying to bump up his body. But unlike Tejada he couldnt use magic Wheaties. Most of his weight has ended up as fat

Really what is the harm in seeing if he could of been the defensive guy we thought we had last year? I still think he could but apparently he ate alot this off season trying to bump up his body. But unlike Tejada he couldnt use magic Wheaties. Most of his weight has ended up as fat

Because there was never a doubt that he would be pathetic...AM was irresponsible not getting a better solution.

Because there was never a doubt that he would be pathetic...AM was irresponsible not getting a better solution.

Sporty my man this is a rebuilding year. Seems MacPhail did a good job with the bullpen and outfield. We have time to upgrade the infield. Patience, patience. I bet you still yell at traffic and grimace at the 10 people ahead of you in a bank line. My friend you should relax more.

Sporty my man this is a rebuilding year. Seems MacPhail did a good job with the bullpen and outfield. We have time to upgrade the infield. Patience, patience. I bet you still yell at traffic and grimace at the 10 people ahead of you in a bank line. My friend you should relax more.

It has nothing to do with patience...This could have and should have been done.

The Orioles entered today's frustrating loss in extra inning in Oakland LEADING ALL OF MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL in defensive efficiency.

Despite some memorable mistakes that all teams composed of human beings are going to commit, Trembley's club has succeeded in being respectable overall when the bulk of national "experts" and OH posters assumed they would be 100 loss bad.

Mark my words, if they turn over the starting shortstop role to Freddie Bynum, this team will get worse in a hurry. (And I like Freddie Bynum...just not as a starting shortstop)

Archived