This is shaping up to be the Twins series of 2015.

SurhoffFTW

I see what you mean emotionally in terms of the close and frustrating losses. The good news is we have a bigger cushion this year. In 2015 we were 5 GB of 1st at the start of the 4 game Twins sweep, and in 2013 we were 4.5 GB of 1st at the beginning of the 3 game Diamondbacks sweep.

I think the offense will break out of it soon, but we've lost our advantage and that also means we've lost a lot of room for error. Especially in our remaining games against Toronto and Boston.

I see what you mean emotionally in terms of the close and frustrating losses. The good news is we have a bigger cushion this year. In 2015 we were 5 GB of 1st at the start of the 4 game Twins sweep, and in 2013 we were 4.5 GB of 1st at the beginning of the 3 game Diamondbacks sweep.

I think the offense will break out of it soon, but we've lost our advantage and that also means we've lost a lot of room for error. Especially in our remaining games against Toronto and Boston.

Only good news is Ortiz might have to be DL'ed. But we'll have to see how bad the injury is first.

Or the SEA series from 5 weeks ago. Our home run only offense doesn't fly in these big ballparks. Literally.

I haven't seen every inning, but I have not seen a whole lot of fly outs off the Orioles' bats where I thought "that's a home run in Camden Yards."

We are 16-16 in the second half. This is increasingly not a small sample size. Our offense has regressed except for the occasional game where we hit a few home runs. I do not see this getting better as maybe it is fatigue, maybe it is regression of hot hitters towards their norms, whatever. I think it is what it is and unfortunately that is not going to be good enough, imho.

Or the SEA series from 5 weeks ago. Our home run only offense doesn't fly in these big ballparks. Literally.

It doesn't matter where we are hitting if the park was big or small I think there has been one ball hit all series that would have went out. This team can hit in any parks if you look at the homers that they hit out of Camden they are going out of every park for the most part.

It doesn't matter where we are hitting if the park was big or small I think there has been one ball hit all series that would have went out. This team can hit in any parks if you look at the homers that they hit out of Camden they are going out of every park for the most part.

Good post. The team has simply missed on their hittable pitches lately.

This is shaping up to be the Twins series of 2015.

Or the Diamondbacks series of 2013.

Or the Athletics series of 2016.

The Orioles lost 3 out of 4 games to a bad team in their home park.

Nothing else right now suggests that the Orioles will finish the season at 81-81, as they did in 2015.

In order to finish up at 85-77 as they did in 2013, the Orioles would have to go 20-27 over their final 47 games.

Archived