Does Chris Davis play left field tonight?

wildcard

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doesnt matter who plays where, this is MadBum and we aint winning tonight. He may be the best pitcher in the NL right now. As good or better than anyone in the game.

The old triple flip layout, Simone Biles worthy, double reverse jinx! We have now got this one...thanks, Roy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Doesnt matter who plays where, this is MadBum and we aint winning tonight. He may be the best pitcher in the NL right now. As good or better than anyone in the game.

I'm looking for a 1 hitter, 15 strikeout type game where we barely get one out of the infield.

Get em tomorrow, can't win them all.

I know that tonight's game is tonight's game but Bumgarner has lost 5 straight starts. Not all his fault of course as he has pitched well in 3 of the 5 starts but he's given up 4 ER in the other starts.

He's an awesome pitcher but he's not some unbeatable juggernaut. You have to factor in the struggles of SF's offense combined with some good starting pitching of our own over the last week. Based on that, you'll forgive me if I don't want to see us forfeit tonight's game because of Bumgarner starting.

EDIT.....unless this is of course the Firestone reverse jinx in play. If that's the case, we're doomed. :D

Maybe we should just forfeit and give every one a rest? :rolleyestf:

From Roch's blog:

Steve Pearce expects to be in the lineup tonight against Giants left-hander Madison Bumgarner. Showalter conceded that it?s going to be tricky without a designated hitter.

The most obvious solution would involve putting Pearce at first base - less strain on his right elbow - and sitting Chris Davis. However, Davis homered last night and has six hits in his last three games.

The Phillies recently put up 8 runs against him in 5 innings. Not to be Captain Obvious but no pitcher is unbeatable, not even Pedro in his prime.

Archived