Papelbon released should we be interested

atomic

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am saying no. His stats aren't there, doesn't seem to be a good teammate, might want to be the closer, and most importantly, doesn't seem to me like a Buck guy

I'll say hell no. Sorry but I don't want to see him anywhere near the team. I think he would be a cancer on the O's.

If the Nats have to pay his salary and he realizes he's a piece, not the closer, which anyone in his position would have to be blind to, why not? Is he worse than the AAA guys we are rotating? No. So, I say interview him and see where he's at mentally.

If the Nats have to pay his salary and he realizes he's a piece, not the closer, which anyone in his position would have to be blind to, why not? Is he worse than the AAA guys we are rotating? No. So, I say interview him and see where he's at mentally.

I strongly disagree with you.

I strongly disagree with you.

Well, you've never managed. I've managed for twenty years. Just won my 4th championship in the last 5 years. Sometimes guys like Papelbon see the end of their career in the rearview and decide it's better to be a piece of a world championship then go out getting cut. That's why I say interview him. See where he's at mentally. The caveat, of course, is that the Nats have to pay him. I admit to not knowing the rules on that. Anyway, he's done. His pride is hurt, he's angry at the world. Can you get a great few months out of a guy like that? Yes, you certainly can. But, he's gotta agree to be a low leverage guy who with success can climb into the setup role. If he wants it, I think he can do it.

Archived