If This Is It-2017 Offseason

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't imagine the Orioles starting next year with this same rotation. That would be a disaster. Something has to give this offseason, especially if this downward trend continues to the end.

A case could be made that Gallardo and Miley would be improved versions of 2016 with a GOOD off-season program.

Gallardo would improve his shoulder strength with the proper program and come into next season with a tick or two up in his fastball.

Miley would also improve with some weight loss/muscle gain and an improved fast-ball.

Ubaldo is what he is and should be released following the season. His roster spot could be used for movable Bull-Pen piece/Starter next season.

A case could be made that Gallardo and Miley would be improved versions of 2016 with a GOOD off-season program.

Gallardo would improve his shoulder strength with the proper program and come into next season with a tick or two up in his fastball.

Miley would also improve with some weight loss/muscle gain and an improved fast-ball.

Ubaldo is what he is and should be released following the season. His roster spot could be used for movable Bull-Pen piece/Starter next season.

I'd agree with this. Both Gallardo and Miley have proven they can be leaguer average starting pitchers before, and neither is ancient. With a full offseason under a good program, they can be back of the rotation arms next year.

Ubaldo, the team doesn't want now, but they just haven't been able to find a way to rid themselves of him properly. I think they try to salary dump him most of the offseason, and release him just before Spring Training if they fail to do so.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The '17 MLB free agent class is so bad that a front office that is bad at trades doesn't have a route to improve.</p>— Will Carroll (@injuryexpert) <a href="

">August 22, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Do you think they will be able to trade away Ubaldo, Gallardo or Miley even as a salary dump?

They might be able to trade for another team's bad contract.

But right now all signs point to Tillman/Gausman/Bundy and two of the three listed above.

Wasn't there some definition about doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?

QO for Trumbo

If MW finishes strong consider a QO if not let him walk.

Sign or trade Manny. Go as high as takes or you can. If he won't sign then you have to plan how to get max value back for him.

Eat or dump Ubaldo. Bring back Pearce. Consider Alvarez if its a number that makes sense.

I think you have to consider trading Britton but only of the return brings back a solid piece or two that can grow with Manny and Schoop etc....

Tillman, KG, Bundy, Gallardo and Miley are the starting 5. You just gotta hope those first 3 can continue to grow.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I've said it before.

You can't do a total rebuild with Davis and Hardy on the roster.

Do you think you can get anyone to take their contracts off your hand and go full rebuild mode? Do you trust our scouts and coaches to draft and develop? No use rebuilding if you can't trust them to get the young talent in here.

Do you think you can get anyone to take their contracts off your hand and go full rebuild mode? Do you trust our scouts and coaches to draft and develop? No use rebuilding if you can't trust them to get the young talent in here.

Hardy has full no trade protection and a history of teams jerking him around.

I think the Davis contract has substantial negative value.

I think if you go full rebuild you have to replace Dan and Buck.

Retool for 2017. Davis isn't going anywhere. No point in thinking about rebuild until 2018 at the earliest when our biggest trade chips will still have tremendous value.

Buck and DD both have contracts through 2018, so it will be a retool this winter AND next winter. Not until the 2018 offseason, i.e. preparing for 2019, could a rebuild be started.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived